• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obstacle course

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Anyone want to design/plan the obstacle course in the quarry on Saturday afternoon? I'd like it to be a bit better marked than last year.

I have cones (as long as Kman brings them), and I can bring more 'caution' tape to mark the course better.

You'd need to sketch it out in your head sometime prior to Saturday and then mark it either during the trail runs in the morning or during lunch so it's ready to go after lunch/group photo.

mac 'volunteer?' gyvr

Were we planning on having this in the same place as last year? Same course? I think last years was a good spot cuz it gave ample viewing areas for people.

I looked up a google image last night and somewhat have an idea for the course layout. Would be similar to what we had last year. Will just have to use cones and tape to make sure everyone runs the same course so times will be accurate.

Cool.

We would even go scout it Thursday afternoon or Friday after trails.

mac 'then some time for set up Saturday' gyvr

Yea we can take a look at it sometime thursday or friday. Could probably set it up right after group picture while everybody else is eating lunch.

PVC pipe in the top of the cones?
It's cheap. I can bring a few sticks.
how high? 4ft?
Run tape across the tops?

The tape could mostly be run between trees, but I like your pvc idea for the cones. Usually you put a cone or two at a critical turn or an important spot to hit on the course to keep yo on course.

We only had cones last year...people got lost.

mac 'they need more direction' gyvr

Back