• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home repair contractor drama........

Just fire his ass. Contractors do all sorts of crazy shit to try and make extra money or save costs. On an insurance claim I had one suggest to the insurance company more damage was done later because he bid it incorrectly, so it set me back another two month or two, because the insurance company wanted to look if it was a separate claim. It was not. He did not get the job. Had another one agree to a price and then when I get there (this was out of state) he tells me he has a bad eye and didn't read it right. I had a text message where he typed in the price!!! I told I'm if he didn't get off my property immediately I would call the sheriff. Then he was begging me to let him do the job. My buddy said he saw him earlier drinking beer just before I got there, so I told the insurance company, who agreed you can't have a contractor drinking beer on the job, and allowed a rebid at a much higher price, to someone who simply did what they say they would do, faster than they said they would do it, and at expected quality. I have had low cost recommended contractors come in and do tile work, they mix up the hot and cold on the washer when they put it back in, my clothes shrink, then they can't figure out an agreed upon change so they don't do that and some other things. I paid them less than they asked and told them they'd get the rest when they finished. They never came back and so they never got final payment.

Back