• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nylint wheeler

JEONLYEP said:
I've been watching the walmarts around here for the after Christmas price cut on the bigger one. But none of either size made it past the 25th.

So if anyone sees one for less than $50 get it, I'll cover freight and give a little bonus to you for your time, effort, and for the short term loan.

DAryl

Good luck trying to find one...Wally World is not going to sell them anymore and has been clearancing them out. I got the last 1:6th one at our store for 119...ive heard rumors of them selling for like 50-60 bucks, but have yet to see a confirmed source. If you see one, snag it, cuz until Funrise finds a new distributor, you probably wont see a whole lot of em.

They are a TON of fun though...
RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

rc3.jpg

rc4.jpg

rc5.jpg

rc7.jpg

rc8.jpg

Havent modded mine yet, but there are plans in the works!!

Last edited:
88flexj said:
Here is a pic of my 1/16 unlimited. I stretched the wheel base, cut, and flipped the tires, and half backed it. These little things rock! That is my son's stock Scorpion still stock for now :wave:

m8fk7a.jpg

m8fkmd.jpg

m8fl0g.jpg

Hope those work.

Wow I love the back half job. How did you do it? Im interested in doing it to mine now. Also, what did you use to put the cage back together after you cut
it?

that blows, why did walmart quit selling them.

Ramsey said:
that blows, why did walmart quit selling them.
my walmart still has them. i contacted funrise and theyre sending me new axles front and back for free. now THATS customer service.

Thanks. The rear hoop is actually the front stinger flipped over. It fit perfectly. I heated the tube to make the bends, and used JB weld to hold it together. Then little blue mobel paint to touch it up. It has had a few good flops and it is still holding :laugh3: I was at the super Wally world in Gilroy yesterday, and they had three of each 1/16, and 6 or 7 of the larger ones.

88flexj said:
Thanks. The rear hoop is actually the front stinger flipped over. It fit perfectly. I heated the tube to make the bends, and used JB weld to hold it together. Then little blue mobel paint to touch it up. It has had a few good flops and it is still holding :laugh3: I was at the super Wally world in Gilroy yesterday, and they had three of each 1/16, and 6 or 7 of the larger ones.

Yea, after I looked at it a couple times I noticed that you used the stinger in the rear...looks really good though, and is really similar to a yj that my buddy is building lol. I just broke another "birfield" about an hour ago, so once I fix that I'm gonna start planning my Nylint Buggy :D. I'm thinking I'm gonna bob and narrow the rear and see what I can do with the cage from there.

I have a 1:18 Rock Crawler and I'm going to use a Jeep Cherokee Body from "The Land of the Lost". They are from the late 80's and I was able to buy this for my son about 3 years ago. I need to mount it properly but here how it looks now before proper monting and Paint.

DSC_0349.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

You little fawkers have talked me into it.
I'm off to the Wal-Marts.
I'll let you know how I fare.
Hell, I may end up with a Supra.......

I can't find any at walmart. I want the 1:6 not the 1:18. My friend has the 1:18, it's fun but I have to one up him! :laugh3:

I got mine the other day. was surprised that it does really crawl still have to do some mods.
P.S. if any body in New Jersey is looking for one the Wally world in Old Bridge on RT9 have two of the scorpion left

Well, I found one.
It's a 1:18 and I really wanted a big one, but I guess I got lucky.
I tried 5 different Wal-Marts and only found one Scorpion and one Rookiecon.
I got the Scorpion and have to charge it for 6 hours, so I am giddy.
Thanks, fawkers.

my walmart still has quite a few of the 1/6ths. gonna call nylint monday to see if i can get some new parts. damn crappy steering.

i was just at our local Wal-mart and they had both of them the 1/18 was $44 bucks and the 1/6 was $119 i almost snagged one, but i got other crap that takes prioity

damn it looks like it would be fun too

Here is an update on my Nylint. Bigger tires and a Toyota body. I could not resist bobbing the bed on it. I still need to lower the body down on the chassis a little more. It looked realy nice until it was flopped a few times. I know its not an XJ, but still pretty cool to me. :laugh3:
n62drt.jpg

n62gow.jpg

n62gsn.jpg

Just picked up another Rubicon project. Going all out on the next one :)

Back