• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nylint wheeler

Finally got some pics.
I keep it at work, so I don't usually have a camera.
I've done what I can with the current setup.
Triangulated three-link is next.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

For anyone heading out to get a 1:6, look for teh Gen. 2 chassis. The lower shock mounts are held screws not rivets, and there should be a metal reinforcing plate on the top and bottom of the knuckles. (EDIT: You can see them on the passenger side of the jeep below, barely)

My girls first Jeep. She LOVES it!!! The scorpion is mine. The tires are cut, and it'll be getting a tummy tuck and inboarded rear shocks soon.

AlisJeep.JPG

i actually just noticed mine has 4 broken wheels. The beadlock on each wheel is begining to crack right off. I called Funrise toys and they are sending me 4 new wheels and tires for no charge in 7-10 days, seems like they have good cust. service

my camera sucks at up close pics, look close along the inside edge of the beadlock

100_0081.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0082.jpg

Last edited:
CRASH said:
Looks like Target is the new retailer on these......they don't stock them yet, but the smaller Scorpion is on their website.

I got a 1/18 scale one from a secret admirer for Valentine's Day......thanks sugar-daddy!

Look at this thread to find out what the hell Nylint is and find out your cheating on me. My feelings are hurt. :mad:

yeah i picked on up at wal-mart for 93.45 after looking at rccrawler.com , no pics yet, but you all know what they look like, only mod so far if reversed the tires! anyone tried lifting them yet?

The single best mod you can do is remove the springs.

I also stretched mine about 1 inch.

Next is a tummy tuck which is much needed.

Last edited:
gorilla_skater said:
@cartsxj, I got that from Ebay about 4 years ago. It was for my son. He was into the 90's version of Land of the Lost and the had a XJ. So for now, it's ebay, flea markets, tag sales. I'm also asking all my friends and family who have boys around 19-30. They would have been the right age around 1992 when the series (and the toys) were out.

Here a link to what it looks like out of the box.
http://f20.aaa.livedoor.jp/~toshimi...ndMaster_XJ.htm

Here's a vid of the XJ in action:
http://media.putfile.com/Nylint-Jeep-Cherokee-Crawling-2

if you find another body and want to sell it let me know. i searched ebay and found nothing and searched google and could only find grand cherokees.

funvtec said:
i actually just noticed mine has 4 broken wheels. The beadlock on each wheel is begining to crack right off. I called Funrise toys and they are sending me 4 new wheels and tires for no charge in 7-10 days, seems like they have good cust. service

my camera sucks at up close pics, look close along the inside edge of the beadlock

100_0081.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0082.jpg

You could always shave the original beadlock off of the rims, and jb weld some washers on the lip of the rims, and paint those. They add a little extra weight to the wheels which is good for traction. They look like real beadlocks that way. Some guys have drilled and tapped the washers for very small allen head bolts, and they look even more realistic.

funvtec said:

I agree. I had ONE broken wheel and they are sending me 4. They pretty much rock, but some people are taking advantage. Bust a knuckle or something and they usually send you a whole new vehicle, so people are making up stories or busting small things on purpose. They used to just send an upgraded chassis, but I think they only have stock of complete vehicles atm. They're customer service will not be so good sooner than later I'm sure.

I just bought my 1/6 at Wal Mart in Omaha, NE for $50.00 on clearance. They're getting harder to find. They seem to have them out one day and not the next and then back out again. You have to keep checking. I think I might buy my son one too. That's a hell of a deal over the $140.00 they were. They had about ten of them when I went there today, and the one I bought it at yesterday only had three left. Happy hunting.
Wade

Here are the updated Pics of the Xj Crawler. I t looks coo, but crawls like crap because I tried to maintain a 1:1 look and with all the stuff on the body like interior, floor boards and spare, it's really top heavy.

Re-exposureofRe-exposureofDSC_0919.jpg

Re-exposureofDSC_0954-post.jpg

Re-exposureofDSC_0924-post.jpg

Re-exposureofDSC_0948-post.jpg

a buddy of mine made a custom r/c car with power wheel motors and 4 link front and rear made out of 3/16" brake line. it's the wildest thing i've ever seen. i guess you pick up a thing or two working in a hobby shop.

anyone have a link to their website or a 1-800 number for them, my battery screwed up when i first got mine so i called and they said they would send me a new battery in 2 weeks and its been abour 3 and a half now bu ti threw out the box and i cant think of the number to call

Back