• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

Thanks, John. I guess I'll keep my eyes on the DOT website and plan on going up and over the pass (Chinook that is) and wheel the east side of Naches. I am coming from the Lake Tapps/Buckley area so normally it is not that far when you can get over Naches. There is also a network of Forest Service roads that criss-cross the trail, so I might be able to make it through that way. Should be a blast!

mudrat said:
Never been to Naches.Anybody have exact address so i can mapquest. also how people trailer their rigs. this year i have no means of tow rig so i will be driving(wheeling) and driving back.I will have all the usual necessarys (strap, spare, etc.)along with spare long front shaft and u joints. what else would be proper?As i would hate to limp the heep home 180 miles .

I limped home from our 1st North West Fest a few years ago. Clogged radiator, no altinator, dead battery. Wasn't that bad, even my youngest daughter handled it well. The last few years there have been far fewer broken parts :hang:

If I remember correctly, we (the whole group) had two broken front axle shafts, 1 rear axle shaft, 1 front driveline, 1 radiator, 1 altinator, several bumps and bruises. What a great weekend that was!!

In all honesty, most of the group drive their wheeling rigs and just a few trailer. Between the group there are very few spare parts and little that we can't fix in an emergency.

Michael

Thanks, i figured i would bring a spare front(longside)axle shaft, u joints, front driveline, and fluids . the rest i hope is built enough for my girly right foot!

I am in put in the vacation time today. looking forward to getting out of town for awhile. Will be me and a friend, wife and baby girl will stay home as well the baby's still a baby.tough luck for her.

We should be there for sure! Friday 27th is a DONSA (day of non-scheduled activity) for GI JOhns unit. We may even arrive Thurs eve to claim camp as well? Gotta see if we can still trailer?

Now is NAXJA there to reserve for the amount of people that say they are to come and get a spot, or is it first come first out of luck?

I'm a new member to both NAXJA and the forums. Since the club was coming to play in my backyard I just couldn't resist joining. I live a couple of miles outside of Naches so if anyone needs information on the area feel free to contact me. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

I'm putting it on my calendar. Cant wait for the killer chicken and potato(e) salad!!!!

I also cant wait to see some of old timers over there!

Greetings to GI John and his other half, and Ladywolf!!

Now, I just gotta get my ball joints replaced....

--Karl

ps--any word if Howard is attending?

black89xj said:
I'm putting it on my calendar. Cant wait for the killer chicken and potato(e) salad!!!!

I also cant wait to see some of old timers over there!

Greetings to GI John and his other half, and Ladywolf!!

Now, I just gotta get my ball joints replaced....

--Karl

ps--any word if Howard is attending?

Karl,
It will be great to see you.
I don't think there has been a "formal" word from Howard?
I hope he attends, it just isn't the same without him :eek:

You planning on showing us up again in your "almost" stock XJ :eek:wl:

Michael

So my self and my friend are both 17 with XJ's...we wouldnt even be able to go if our parents signed the wavor?

I need ideas and help on making my rig a wheeler, and I wana see some sweet rigs/ride with 'em.

Muddy Beast said:
So my self and my friend are both 17 with XJ's...we wouldnt even be able to go if our parents signed the wavor?
I'm pretty sure our insurance won't allow you to drive, regardless or parental consent. That being said, I don't think there would be anything wrong is you were to show up and hang out. I know there will be empty seats for you to ride along on the trails.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but at least you can get out on the trails, see what XJs are capable of, meet a bunch of NWC members and check out a variety of rigs.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
I'm pretty sure our insurance won't allow you to drive, regardless or parental consent.

There's no 'insurance' for anything but liability coverage for the Officers, which is pretty much a 'SHTF, one time use' type of thing.

The age concern is simply a judgment call by the BOD and is not covered under the By-Laws, with exception to Club membership.

So it sounds like there's a loop hole? I have a stock XJ (Bought it 2 days ago) and want to do some trails other than the local stuff, I thought this thing may be an opportunity to get out on something different (assuming there's easy trails) in addition to all the other benefits.

Is there maybe an exception out there that could be made with the right forms?

(No necessarily saying I can go, but I would like to go and be able to drive)

I marked it on the calander. Im budgeting in now the total expense.
Us portland guys need to plan a meet up and roll out together.
theres 5 cherokees in my circle of family/friends. i know 2 will go. will work on the others

Last edited:
Muddy Beast said:
So it sounds like there's a loop hole? I have a stock XJ (Bought it 2 days ago) and want to do some trails other than the local stuff, I thought this thing may be an opportunity to get out on something different (assuming there's easy trails) in addition to all the other benefits.

Well no loophole...it's the discretion of the BOD. ;)

XJCasper said:
If your concerned. Bring your parents with you. Have them drive.

My parents wouldnt do that...they dont have anymore vacation. Plus it's not their cup of tea. Bummer, maybe next year...

P.S. Why would I let my parents drive my Jeep!? :laugh:

Muddy Beast said:

It's public wheeling on public lands, legally you can bring your rig out and run the trails. You'll be required to run 100 yards behind the main group and we can't acknowledge your presence except in a case of life or death emergency, and you will be shunned to the outer glow of the fire while in camp.

Other than that, looking foreard to seeing you there!

Back