• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

Well, I thought I wasn't going to make it to NWfest due to some family obligations, but I think I can make Friday and part of Saturday. I'm planning to head down Thursday night and Meet up with Michael and family. Anybody else coming out Thursday?

OD-XJ said:
Well, I thought I wasn't going to make it to NWfest due to some family obligations, but I think I can make Friday and part of Saturday. I'm planning to head down Thursday night and Meet up with Michael and family. Anybody else coming out Thursday?

Lonnie and I plan to make it out Thursday night and stay through Monday. We plan to rent a camper and take the last day as a family day thing.

Cannot wait until then!

John

I can come down Friday morning and stay till Satruday night, then I have work sunday...

If it's worth the early drive, I CAN come down thursday night...

Pass report from the WSDOT website.

CHINOOK PASS
Elevation: 5430ft / 1655M
Temperature:N/A
Conditions & Weather:
State Route 410 Chinook Pass remains closed from the intersection of State Route 123 near milepost 67.5 to milepost 74.5 near Morse Creek. Since April 7th WSDOT crews have been working hard to reopen the pass, but late season snow storms and debris in the snowpack have slowed progress. The new target date to open the pass is now Thursday June 5th.

Restrictions Eastbound:
Closed for the season

Restrictions Westbound:
Closed for the season

Updated: 10:03 PM, Jun 01, 2008
This is the most current info available
and is promptly updated when conditions change

GI-John said:
Lonnie and I plan to make it out Thursday night and stay through Monday. We plan to rent a camper and take the last day as a family day thing.

Cannot wait until then!

John

Awesome! Can't wait to see you guys again.

CanMan said:
Pass report from the WSDOT website.

CHINOOK PASS
Elevation: 5430ft / 1655M
Temperature:N/A
Conditions & Weather:
State Route 410 Chinook Pass remains closed from the intersection of State Route 123 near milepost 67.5 to milepost 74.5 near Morse Creek. Since April 7th WSDOT crews have been working hard to reopen the pass, but late season snow storms and debris in the snowpack have slowed progress. The new target date to open the pass is now Thursday June 5th.

Restrictions Eastbound:
Closed for the season

Restrictions Westbound:
Closed for the season

Well...let's hope for some warm weather to melt that stuff.

-Jeremy

Blkxjkrawler said:
We will be heading out on thursday too Jeremy.
-Ryan

Maybe we should set up a North End Convoy?
I don't have any specific time frame for leaving on Thursday but figured I would leave anytime after lunch but could wait till after work if that worked better for the group?

Accoding to Google it is about an hour less going over Snoqualmie and down to Yakima and over rathern than by Mt Rainer. Were you planning on the same? I have done both before and with the trailer it is a little nicer on I-90.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Maybe we should set up a North End Convoy?
I don't have any specific time frame for leaving on Thursday but figured I would leave anytime after lunch but could wait till after work if that worked better for the group?

Accoding to Google it is about an hour less going over Snoqualmie and down to Yakima and over rathern than by Mt Rainer. Were you planning on the same? I have done both before and with the trailer it is a little nicer on I-90.

Michael

I would like to meet up with you guys if you are going over I-90 somewhere either in Redmond or Issaquah.

-Alex

I too wouldnt mind meeting up with you guys to follow down.

What time/day you thinking of heading out, and what route?

EDIT: I planned to leave thursday morning, and I'll buy a CB if others have one too. (Gives me a good excuse for one)

Muddy Beast said:
I too wouldnt mind meeting up with you guys to follow down.

What time/day you thinking of heading out, and what route?

EDIT: I planned to leave thursday morning, and I'll buy a CB if others have one too. (Gives me a good excuse for one)

Oops, I ment to say I plan to leave Friday morning.

:doh:

I'm heading out early Friday morning, should be in camp by 8:30, 9 a.m.

What time you all planning on hitting the trails Friday morning?

Honestly, I probably won't be wheeling much Friday. Maybe a little in the afternoon, evening. I'm not gonna be in a huge hurry to get out of town, so I'll probably be @ camp 11ish or noon on Friday. I'd be happy to just hang out @ camp and greet any late arrivals Friday, etc.

J

fubar XJ said:
I'm heading out early Friday morning, should be in camp by 8:30, 9 a.m.

What time you all planning on hitting the trails Friday morning?

Wana drive down together?
I have no idea how to get there. I'm currently running a stock XJ (minor performance modding).

I dont suppose I'd be allowed to drive on the easy trails with someone, and just not consider it part of the NAXJA stuff, could I?

For those wanting a snow update I was at the camp area about 10 days ago and other than a little flooding in the area (not at camp) it is clear. Roads to both the Milk Pond and Milk Lake areas are also both clear, snow started a few miles passed Milk Lake. The Pass is supposed to open tomorrow.

xj x two said:
For those wanting a snow update I was at the camp area about 10 days ago and other than a little flooding in the area (not at camp) it is clear. Roads to both the Milk Pond and Milk Lake areas are also both clear, snow started a few miles passed Milk Lake. The Pass is supposed to open tomorrow.

Thanks for the update. I knew the pass was opening tomorrow but was curious about the rest.

J

Back