• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

2xtreme said:
Maybe we should set up a North End Convoy?
I don't have any specific time frame for leaving on Thursday but figured I would leave anytime after lunch but could wait till after work if that worked better for the group?

Michael

I'll probably be leaving directly from work Thursday, so I'll be pulling into camp in the dark. I don't think you guys should wait for me.

-Jeremy

Muddy Beast said:
Wana drive down together?
I have no idea how to get there. I'm currently running a stock XJ (minor performance modding).

I dont suppose I'd be allowed to drive on the easy trails with someone, and just not consider it part of the NAXJA stuff, could I?

Sure, planning on heading out around 6 a.m. Friday morning from north Bothell (more like the east edge of Mill Creek) Shoot me a P.M. if you want to caravan over.

Doug

I've still yet to hear what I should put on my "to bring" list.

Also, where the exact location of this place is? (I'm assuming gas and groceries are near by too?)

Thanks.
:)

Muddy Beast said:
I've still yet to hear what I should put on my "to bring" list.

Also, where the exact location of this place is? (I'm assuming gas and groceries are near by too?)

Thanks.
:)

Little Naches. On highway 410 west of Naches and Yakima. Gas and groceries available @ Whistlin' Jacks (about 10 mins. from camp). It's a mini-mart type store but fairly well stocked. Basics are available there, for a REAL grocery store your prolly 45mins. or so East. Gas is expensive, but close. There is also a full restaraunt (and bar) /w a GREAT breakfast.

John

Avanteone said:
Little Naches. On highway 410 west of Naches and Yakima. Gas and groceries available @ Whistlin' Jacks (about 10 mins. from camp). It's a mini-mart type store but fairly well stocked. Basics are available there, for a REAL grocery store your prolly 45mins. or so East. Gas is expensive, but close. There is also a full restaraunt (and bar) /w a GREAT breakfast.

John

Thanks, so should I fill up before I get there?

Definitely and then just top off when you get there. You will probably go through a tank of gas if you wheel Sat and Sun.

XJourney said:
Definitely and then just top off when you get there. You will probably go through a tank of gas if you wheel Sat and Sun.

You guys wont let me wheel. :-/ (I'm 17)

Although I hope to just check out some super easy trails away from the group with my friend at some point.

Muddy Beast said:
Plan on filling your tank on the way (Yakima) as well as bringing everything you plan on needing with you.

If you need more gas or groceries they are available reasonably close.

Michael

Hey guys,

Add three more rigs two the list! So a total of four more people. My friend will bring his XJ. I, and another will bring our Samurais. We will plan on being there from the 27th through the 29th. I live on Mayfield Lake just off of Highway 12. Should anyone be coming this way we would love to caravan over white pass. Let me know.

Later,
Tim

Muddy Beast said:

Gas is running from 4.13 to 4.29 in Naches. The cheapest in the area is in Union Gap at Costco. It was 4.02 a few days ago. The ARCO's are around 4.12 to 4.13 so they are not much better than the Shell in Naches. As much as I love Whistlin Jacks stay away from them for gas if possible. They were close to 4.50 last time I saw them(around 2 weeks ago). Of course everybody will be close to that so close to the 4th of July. :helpme:

xj x two said:
Gas is running from 4.13 to 4.29 in Naches. The cheapest in the area is in Union Gap at Costco. It was 4.02 a few days ago. The ARCO's are around 4.12 to 4.13 so they are not much better than the Shell in Naches. As much as I love Whistlin Jacks stay away from them for gas if possible. They were close to 4.50 last time I saw them(around 2 weeks ago). Of course everybody will be close to that so close to the 4th of July. :helpme:

I have a theory about small Mom and Pop c-stores located in out-of-the-way-places. If ya like em, BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM!!!!!! Or they may not be there next time you need what they are sellin. This is for fun gasparty1: , not go-to-work gas. Don't worry about a few extra bucks for a tankfull.:) :sunshine:

CoolCal said:
I have a theory about small Mom and Pop c-stores located in out-of-the-way-places. If ya like em, BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM!!!!!! Or they may not be there next time you need what they are sellin. This is for fun gasparty1: , not go-to-work gas. Don't worry about a few extra bucks for a tankfull.:) :sunshine:
i like your theory!:wave1:

i have to work that friday, so i'll be leavin saturday morning. i figure its about a 4 hour drive. but i'll be there till monday morning! :lickout:

Nice theory, But I have a hard time looking past the $250 in gas that might be spent.

Anyway...

Will be arriving Saturday morning.

jason

XJCasper said:
Nice theory, But I have a hard time looking past the $250 in gas that might be spent.

Anyway...

Will be arriving Saturday morning.

jason

It costs me more than $220 to fill my tow rig! I don't think the few extra bucks to fill the Jeep at one station over a nother is a big deal (what......16 gal x .20 per gal more ~ $3.

The point about useing the mom and pop places is VERY true! What would you do if the gas wasn't available!!

Michael

CoolCal said:
I live here and do other business with them all the time. Believe me when I say they are not in any danger of going out of business. They have one of the best restaurants:chef: in the area (including Yakima) :loveu: and beautiful cabins along the river perfect for that romantic get away :kissyou: . All of this plus a lounge :cheers: and store. What more could you want? While they are a little out of the way they get a LOT of business year round from theYakima area. We are just replacing the snowmobiles and crosscountry skiers. If you want to give them a little extra for gas I'm sure they won't mind...but for those wanting to save a little money fill up before you get there and eat at the restaurant!!! It's well worth the money. :)

jimbar said:
You guys going to have room for one more? I'm in the mood for a campin wheeln weekend

Wow!! Talk about long time no hear!!
It will be great to have you.

Michael

Back