• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

This has been a busy week jeep wise. Didn't get all I wanted done but I've done enough to feel good about taking the day tomorrow to get ready for my trip.

This week I've accomplished:

Oil change
Oil filter adapter o ring changed
Valve cover gasket
Transmission mount changed
Unit bearing replaced
New pads and rotors cut
Por-15'd the floors
Rewired my cb
Fixed my rear brakes
Cleaned the oil off the motor
Put in front bump stops

I think that's it. Might be one or two more things I forgot. Off to drink beer and watch some top gear now!

Love me some Top Gear!!!!
So do you like the U.S or the U.K. version better?
Personally I'm more of a fan if the U.K. version.... Jeremy Clarkson always cracks me up.
But the U.S, show has started get some traction... .the guys are finally getting some good chemistry, and the production value, and shooting style is a little more refined now too. The first season was kind of rough, and honestly I thought wasn't going to make it. I'm still kind of sad that things didn't work out for Adam Carolla, he was top bid for one of the hosts before they started shooting the first year, but a chance to film a pilot show for NBC fell in his lap right about the same time, and he had to pass.... the timing couldn't have been worse.
U.K. or U.S. - either way, Top Gear is in my Top 5!

Nothing worse than having to plunge the toilet BEFORE you can take a big ole dump. Damn roommates pooping then leaving!

Santa came!
6c0c2135.jpg

b29bf13c.jpg

I have 35s coming out my azz
129720d4.jpg

I wish Jiffy Lube had popcorn in their waiting room.

Just ordered 2 diff covers from BlueTorch Fab, And an AA sye, along with Inner C gussets for the Dana 30..

I cant wait to drive the jeep again!

Thinking of putting Wrap on my exhaust because I plan on putting a non cracked stock header on but Im just not sure if Ill need more than 1 roll of 1x50 for the header only. Im thinking I should buy a 2x25 to run down the down pipe to keep some of the heat off my Trans .Any thoughts about how I should go about the O2 unit ?Should I just skip a inch or so on both sides of it ?

He-Man don't look so big right now
4-18-12124.jpg

I spent every minute of time I had between work and school for two days, about seven hours on algebra homework that is due tomorrow. I just checked the odd numbered problems every single answer is wrong... not by just a little, but like to where I have radicals where I should have integers. I'm so f%$#ed!!! I want to cry.

Thinking of putting Wrap on my exhaust because I plan on putting a non cracked stock header on but Im just not sure if Ill need more than 1 roll of 1x50 for the header only. Im thinking I should buy a 2x25 to run down the down pipe to keep some of the heat off my Trans .Any thoughts about how I should go about the O2 unit ?Should I just skip a inch or so on both sides of it ?

do your homework. header wrap blows the fat you know what unless its just for looks on some hot rod zoomies. Your exhaust will rust out after a couple years because of the moisture retained in it, and I would assume that it would crack your manifold quicker because of heat stress/heat cycling but I'm not sure.

for all my questions like this I turn to the hotrodders.com/forum
tons of knowledge there, did a quick search and was validated

astroracer said:
The header wrap holds the heat in and doesn't let the pipes breath. What happens is the heat breaks down the steel much quicker because it has no where to go. This allows rust and moisture to work it's magic on the steel in a shorter time.
If you want to protect your headers and keep heat out of the engine compartment a ceramic coating, done INSIDE and out, is the only way to go. Jet-Hot is an excellant product and service and, once you price out all of the stuff needed to wrap a pair of headers.. The Jet-Hot is very comparable, comes with lifetime quarantee and actually improves the look of your pipes...
Mark

other than that what I found was a recommendation to use header wrap on what you are trying to protect, like wrapping your starter, or better to make heat shields

another quote from the hotrodders forum

ericnova72 said:
Wrap is extremely hard on the headers themselves, it holds in so much heat that the metal fatigues and cracks, them blows out. no header company will warranty headers thar have been wrapped for this reason, and they can tell if they have been wrapped. With that said, the wrap will keep the heat out of the car and if you are willing to replace them every couple of years it does a good job. For long life AND heat reduction equal to wrap along with great looks, send them out and have them ceramic mettallic coated by a company like Nitroplate or Jet Hot. This will make the headers last years and the good companies warranty their coating for a long period - 5 to 10 years.

Back