• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Picture of the day

Then I installed new lug nuts!

IMG_20140829_181116.jpg

Yea, I abandon the slush box doubler idea and decided on a 465 instead. I figure my knee will hold out for a little while longer with just a stock pressure plate. 6.55x2.72x4.88=86.94 that should be sweet! If my numbers are correct.

tried to track down a creak and pop in the suspension. seems like my uca axle side bushings are a bit cracked and there's even a gap in one side... ...but put the framerails on jackstands and cycled the suspension on each side of the front axle, and the pops have gone away. maybe because i've put only about 1k miles on my new UCAs (shoulda put in new bushings then!). maybe cycling the suspension shifted something around into a more neutral stance. anyways, noise is gone for now.

tried to track down a creak and pop in the suspension. seems like my uca axle side bushings are a bit cracked and there's even a gap in one side... ...but put the framerails on jackstands and cycled the suspension on each side of the front axle, and the pops have gone away. maybe because i've put only about 1k miles on my new UCAs (shoulda put in new bushings then!). maybe cycling the suspension shifted something around into a more neutral stance. anyways, noise is gone for now.

Hate it when it goes away.. Because you know it's coming back.. But when?

Found out one of the problems the Commanders are known for is door handles..

I had read this prior to purchasing my XK
But.. Today, I got to experience it

And ordered this today

:rolleyes:

Fits like you would think it was factory.
418a66c4b054267ba99d237ecb96b828.jpg

Still need to make a pilot bushing, but that will be done on Monday when I get back to work.

6107db0da2e6daa278c7d31f4b25bffd.jpg

Nice, Rod!!

About 6 hours worth of torch cutting on the driver side

And about 10 minutes worth on the passenger side..

Whew! Cast sucks haha!

Time to drag it home and clean it up with the grinder!

Back