• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northwest Fest Info

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who: NWF will be an "official" NWC event this year. Meaning, we're putting it on for the members of the NWC. All members (or vendors) are welcome to participate in the event. Each member will be allowed to bring one guest vehicle (NAXJA affiliated or not) for which they will be responsible for.

When:
This years event will be taking place during June 25-27. Most people will show up a day or two early, but the official trail rides won't begin until Friday. The Auburn Car Repair & Offroad sponsored dinner, and Northwest Chapter raffle will be taking place Saturday evening.

Where: For the third year in a row NWF will once again be taking place at Naches. Our base camp will be located a few miles down the Little Naches Road, at a place called "Long Meadow".

WaXJ_Skier's Google Link

Avanteone's Directions:
[Starting from Little Naches Rd] go past the Kaner Flats campground about .5 mile. You'll see a left turn over a large concrete bridge going over the river. Take that left, go up approx. .25 miles, as the road turns to the left and goes from paved to gravel, there's a SHARP left turn into the camping area. Follow it in a couple hundred yards, the road will wind down a little ways and then open up into a large open field where the road splits and goes down both sides. We'll be camped in that general area, you won't be able to miss us.
GPS: N 47 00.606 W 121 07.861

Map Link: Here's a link to a printable map of the area. We'll mainly be using the bottom three portions of the West side.

ORV Map Link

Amenities:
Our location is fairly primitive. There's basically an outhouse, and that's it. There's plenty of space available for trailers, campers, and tents. The nearest place for ice, water, gas, and food is Whistlin Jacks. It's about 5 miles from camp. It also wouldn't hurt to bring some firewood out too.

"Pack it in, pack it out."

Fees: There's going to be a $5 campground fee per night, per vehicle. If you plan to stay three nights, plan to pay $15. For those of you towing, I would imagine the fee will cover both the tow rig and Jeep. This fee helps maintain the campground, and the surrounding trails.

Permits/Passes: No Northwest Forest Passes are required for camping or for trail use. Just be sure you have the proper registration, and insurance.

Vehicle Requirements: NWF is open to all vehicles. We'll have runs for all setups. Here's a list of items that all vehicles need to have.

- Full size spare tire*
- First aid kit
- Fire Extinguisher (visibly charged)
- Secured Battery (no bungees to arc out)
- Front tow point
- Rear tow point
- Tow strap with no metal hooks

* Some exceptions may apply.

Last edited:
Re: NWF Info

Kinda makes sense to me, after all this club stays together by the funding of paying member. And if you think about it, pretty much anyone who goes to NWFest (that I can remember) is either a paying member, or friends with one.

~Scott

Who: NWF will be an "official" NWC event this year. Meaning, we're putting it on for the members of the NWC. All members (or vendors) are welcome to participate in the event.

With the green screen name, Does this mean I need a member/vendor to invite me?

You're correct, Jeremy. Hope to see you there.

We're not trying to exclude anyone, but at the same time we're trying to keep NWF more NWC focused. It's the one big annual event for the NWC, and I think the members deserve it. We've also used the "official" format for 4 of the last 6 NWF's.

Membership has it's privileges, and we'll hopefully have some other perks to come later in the year.

So what if non members show up and hang out and wheel w/ a group? Is there going to be an inforcement patrol to tell them to leave? What about dinner provided by ACRO? Is it up to the NWC BOD or ACRO to determine who can chow down or who cant? If non members show up, are they not allowed to participate in the raffle which brought in more money than just having members participate alone? Green lettered users, they 'donate' some money to NAXJA, but are not full members, they get the cold shoulder also? What if the owners of a magazine show up, that are not members, or other industry people, they get booted out too? Just a few questions.

So what if non members show up and hang out and wheel w/ a group?

The idea is that if a member wants to bring a friend along in another rig, they can as a "guest." Inviting your best friend, his two buddies, and one of their roommates is not what we want to see happen.

Is there going to be an inforcement patrol to tell them to leave?

I'm going to assume this is rhetorical.

What about dinner provided by ACRO?

Auburn Car Repair & Offroad dinner will be taking place Saturday evening.

Is it up to the NWC BOD or ACRO to determine who can chow down or who cant?

I can say that I won't be patrolling the dinner line looking for "outsiders." However, Auburn Car Repair & Offroad is sponsoring the dinner for NWF, and I would hope those enjoying the dinner are there for NAXJA's NWF.

If non members show up, are they not allowed to participate in the raffle which brought in more money than just having members participate alone?

Guests will be encouraged to buy and participate in the raffle. The NWF raffle is a money maker for the NWC, but we're not putting this event on to solely make money. We're putting it on to bring the chapter together and have a good time.

Green lettered users, they 'donate' some money to NAXJA, but are not full members, they get the cold shoulder also?

The idea of the "forum supporter" was to give people another option to donate if they supported the forum, but chose not to be a part of the club. NWF is a chapter event, for the members of the NWC. While we appreciate the support of the forum supporters, they are not full members. If a forum supporter wishes to come to NWF (I hope they choose to), they can come as a guest to a member. Hopefully after NWF, they will then choose to support the club as well.

What if the owners of a magazine show up, that are not members, or other industry people, they get booted out too?

If some "magazine owners" or "industry people" would like to come to this years event as vendors they are more then welcome to. Some subscriptions or swag would be greatly appreciated, and it would be a great way to get some free advertising.

Just a few questions.

I hope I answered them. Feel free to PM with any other questions.

Dustin,

That was an EXCELLENT responce.
Very clear and to the point, very well stated.

Michael

I guess this means that I don't have to bring as much stuff for the raffle this year...

Also do I only get one guest vehicle? What if Master-Pull has multiple company vehicles that aren't associated with the NWC, do I have to tell them they cannot show up but thanks for all the donations that they gave to the chapter last year and this year?

-Alex

Also do I only get one guest vehicle? What if Master-Pull has multiple company vehicles that aren't associated with the NWC, do I have to tell them they cannot show up but thanks for all the donations that they gave to the chapter last year and this year?

-Alex

All members (or vendors) are welcome to participate in the event.

If they are "Master-Pull Associates, then i would consider them a vendor....

Dustin, correct me if i am wrong here... :dunno:

I can definitely see this argued both ways, but I support NAXJA's decision to keep this a members event. I am going to assume (in response to Eli's last question) that my employees will also be invited.

As far as dinner goes, in keeping with this decision for the event to be for NWC members and invited guests only, I'd ask that only those people participate in the dinner. It's a public area and we (or you, NAXJA) can't forbid people from showing up, but that doesn't mean they have to be included in the events.

My $.02

John

I guess this means that I don't have to bring as much stuff for the raffle this year...

-Alex

Many of the Master-Pull guys are NAXJA members, so I don't see them coming as being a problem. Master-Pull has been very good to NAXJA (titanium level sponsor), and the NWC. We'd love to have you guys come out again this year.

As far as raffle donations go, I believe a national director should be in contact with you as the date gets closer.

I can definitely see this argued both ways, but I support NAXJA's decision to keep this a members event. I am going to assume (in response to Eli's last question) that my employees will also be invited.

As far as dinner goes, in keeping with this decision for the event to be for NWC members and invited guests only, I'd ask that only those people participate in the dinner. It's a public area and we (or you, NAXJA) can't forbid people from showing up, but that doesn't mean they have to be included in the events.

My $.02

John

John, if you employed a workforce of 75 people, I may argue differently. However, you and the guys at Auburn Car Repair & Offroad have always helped out the members of the NWC, and we'd love to see you there. I think your expectations sounds resonable, and will work out fine.

LOL wow I came off as a dick earlier, Dustin. Didn't mean it that way but cool, we will definitely be there this year with prizes again, maybe less red bags this time though. :)

-Alex

Just so things are clear, this is not the position of Master-Pull. And yes, Dustin, National has been in contact with me regarding MP's future sponsorship. Thanks for responding in such a clear and concise manner.

-----Matt-----

any online maps of the area?

I would really love to get a bit more acquainted this year.

that said, i don't have gps, and i have only been once.

so.. ..a good old fashioned map would be great!

any online maps of the area?

I would really love to get a bit more acquainted this year.

that said, i don't have gps, and i have only been once.

so.. ..a good old fashioned map would be great!

I had it buried in the first post.

Map Link: Here's a link to a printable map of the area. We'll mainly be using the bottom three portions of the West side.

ORV Map Link

With that map, and the trail numbers listed on NW Jeepin's site, you can see pretty much all the routes we'll be doing.

www.nwjeepn.com

Go to Washington trails, and look under Manastash Ridge.

You may also try stopping at a Ranger Station, and see what they have to offer as well.

If me and a buddy were to leave Oly at around 7 am Saturday morning, we might show up at 10ish or so I guess therefore meaning we'd miss the easy runs that are all on the schedule, which is all I'm really interested in I guess. I don't want to break stuff and be stranded in Yakima haha.

Is it still worth coming out if we're just staying saturday to sunday and apparently missing out on the trail runs?

Back