• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start

And i know MSD dont make a coil for my jeep But the coil thats in it works great. It has a bright white spark

Ok in the illustration it says White(trigger) that terminal is not triggering on my ignition controle or watever that box is. What is the box that goes under the factory coil????

Ok in the illustration it says White(trigger) that terminal is not triggering on my ignition controle or watever that box is. What is the box that goes under the factory coil????

That is the ignition control module (ICM). You could grab a coil/ICM together at a salvage yard, probably run $20, then just follow the MSD instructions for running your box. That would be my best suggestion for your situation. HOWEVER--you could wait until Monday and call MSD tech support, explain what you have and see if they know of a work around. I don't hold much hope for it, if there was a GOOD work around they would post it and sell a bunch more of their coils.

Good luck.

Does the MSD box / MSD coil not work when it is powered directly from the battery? I believe you indicated that it works like that. Does that not mean that it is good and the problem is with the power supply? Which you have now RENIX informed me is powered from the starter relay. So you check for power to that wire coming out of the starter relay. If you have power there, you run a new wire from the starter relay to the MSD box. Did I miss something?

Ok the constant power goes to battery POS/NEG then there is a ON wire wich is activated by the factory ignition POS that would normally go to the coil then there is the trigger on the ignition module wich activates triggers the MSD box wich would normally trigger the NEG on the coil by fluctuating on and off BUT the TRIGGER isnt TRIGGERING on my ignition module

it dont
it runs if u jump the jump box on the MSD box WICH JUST HAPPENS TO BE jumping the WHITE WIRE the one the ignition box TRIGGERS to ground

So when you jump the white (trigger) wire going to the MSD box from the ICM to the black one going from the MSD box to the coil, it runs? You are jumping from where to where to make it run?

The white wire is the secondary ground wich tells the MSD box to activate the coil and there is a test to test the box by jumping this WIRE to a ground and it will make it spark WICH the ignition control module normally does BUT isnt

If i jump the Ignition threw the test for MSD ignition Box the jeep will run but u gotta keep jumping the wire and my CPS/CMP/ECU seem to be fine cus it runs but i still have NO tach and gauges dont work right and it wont run on its own any ideas???

You say you can jump a wire and it runs. Which wire are you jumping to where are you jumping it?

White wire to A ground and it fires the ignition like it normally would if the IGNITION MODULE would do

The white wire to ground is simply triggering the control box so the coil will spark, just a test.

The 4.0 distributor has no method for triggering the box, as the sensor in the distributor is simply a signal to the ECU for the injectors. This is the flaw in the slaw, and this is why MSD does not provide a coil for the 4.0 jeep. No trigger. You can use the MSD box, but the ECU, coil, and ignition control module of the stock jeep must be used.

Aparentally not cus the MSD coil ahs worked up till now. like i said wen ttrying to figure out what was wrong wen the CMP went out i think i shorted out my ICM

And the ICM triggers the MSD box normally but it isnt it is powering it up but not trigering it to fire

If i jump the Ignition threw the test for MSD ignition Box the jeep will run but u gotta keep jumping the wire and my CPS/CMP/ECU seem to be fine cus it runs but i still have NO tach and gauges dont work right and it wont run on its own any ideas???

So now I understand that the Jeep does NOT run when you jump the white wire?

Do you have a wiring diagram to figure out which wire from the ECU triggers the spark?

If you knew that, you could try running a new wire from the ECU to the MSD box.

Ok winterbeater i dont wanna rag on you but u need reading lessons I CLEARLY SAID.

IF I JUMP THE IGNITION THREW THE TEST FOR THE MSD BOX THE JEEP WILL RUN THAT IS THE F@#$% WHITE WIRE

No wire from ECU triggers the ignition a wire from the ICM triggers it and its not triggering so i think my ICM is bad cus wen trying to diagnose that my CMP was out i shorted it out

Ok winterbeater i dont wanna rag on you but u need reading lessons I CLEARLY SAID.

IF I JUMP THE IGNITION THREW THE TEST FOR THE MSD BOX THE JEEP WILL RUN THAT IS THE F@#$% WHITE WIRE

No wire from ECU triggers the ignition a wire from the ICM triggers it and its not triggering so i think my ICM is bad cus wen trying to diagnose that my CMP was out i shorted it out

Yu ned ritin lesons budi! :rtm:

YOU NEED WRITING LESSONS BUDDY!

If only the normal ppl could be like you
But then the whole world would talk like dumbasses and noone could gte a job bcus noone could read aplications the USPS would go out of buisnes trying to figure out where the mail is suposed to go but noone could figure it out

Back