• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No power to the fuel pump, 89 MJ

I just used a 10 gauge and crimped the terminals on each end. I DID tweak the terminals so they grabbed tighter. I think that was the problem with the original replacement on mine. The small terminal must not have grabbed tightly. It was the most burned.

10g seems heavy when the rest of the circuit is 14g. I'm going to eliminate the connector between the pump and the factory harness. The short harness that was supplied with the Bosch pump that was in there was 16g and cheaply made. That short section was over-fused.

Ground can NEVER be too big.

I agree. i went with a 12g ground ran through the bung and attached to the pump ground. My old ground connector on the outside of the bung was shot. I eliminated this issue for good. I will post pics when the new assembly is done tomorrow.

This truck is possessed. The steering gear "catastrophically" failed today, it got loose internally, then started leaking then sheared all 3 bolts within one mile. :gonnablow

This truck is possessed. The steering gear "catastrophically" failed today, it got loose internally, then started leaking then sheared all 3 bolts within one mile. :gonnablow

I don't want to hear your sob stories, I just removed three broken bolts form my right front motor mount, replacing the radiator, the fan clutch, the fan, a tranny oil cooler line, front crank seal, valve cover gasket and exhaust manifold. My son still swears he just barley bumped the curb.:repair: And there is likely still stuff broken in there I haven't found yet. Oh and I forgot, the cross brace was busted in the drivers seat. Thankfully that was all it was, I thought the whole Jeep was crooked at first. LOL.

I don't want to hear your sob stories, I just removed three broken bolts form my right front motor mount, replacing the radiator, the fan clutch, the fan, a tranny oil cooler line, front crank seal, valve cover gasket and exhaust manifold. My son still swears he just barley bumped the curb.:repair: And there is likely still stuff broken in there I haven't found yet. Oh and I forgot, the cross brace was busted in the drivers seat. Thankfully that was all it was, I thought the whole Jeep was crooked at first. LOL.

I feel your pain LOL! The weird thing is that the steering box did fail just like that! My son called me at work and said that his steering box was leaking. I get home, check it out and sure enough, the seal on the steering shaft side was blown. Everything else was good! I ordered a box. He drove my youngest son to meet me for my youngest son's 5th grade graduation. The steering box failed pulling into the parking lot out of the Round-a-Bout at the school. He ended up in the field LOL! I was able to get one bolt out and stick a new one in there to drive it two blocks to the house to save on a tow bill.

I feel your pain LOL! The weird thing is that the steering box did fail just like that! My son called me at work and said that his steering box was leaking. I get home, check it out and sure enough, the seal on the steering shaft side was blown. Everything else was good! I ordered a box. He drove my youngest son to meet me for my youngest son's 5th grade graduation. The steering box failed pulling into the parking lot out of the Round-a-Bout at the school. He ended up in the field LOL! I was able to get one bolt out and stick a new one in there to drive it two blocks to the house to save on a tow bill.

The close calls are the ones you can laugh about. I learned a long time ago those steering boxes can jam tight quick when they start heating up. I set up an old box just perfect, it was nice and tight. I drove a few blocks and when it eventually heated up, it was way over tight and locked up on me. I'm not a small guy and have been working hard my whole life, I'm pretty darned strong, I couldn't budge that steering wheel with my rear end eight inches of the seat. Really a sphincter tightening situation.

And your first mistake was?

Letting someone else drive your Jeep--even blood.

But I also eliminated all of the connectors on the orange wire going to the pump except the last one. The pump was probably still good but since I had it out I just replaced it for a new one under warranty.

It drives great and now it even has steering LOL!

I dropped in a reman steering gear box today and man that thing steers sweet now!

But I also eliminated all of the connectors on the orange wire going to the pump except the last one. The pump was probably still good but since I had it out I just replaced it for a new one under warranty.

It drives great and now it even has steering LOL!

I dropped in a reman steering gear box today and man that thing steers sweet now!

Whooda thunk it?

Back