• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more BFG KM's???

*cough cough*

Maxxis Bighorns

*cough cough*

yea bighorns fit my budget but then I would have to get a "get-r-done" sticker, 4X6 rebel flag, and some magnetic bullet holes. After all that i might as well get KM2s...
tell me about bighorns you can see what i know about them so far (nothing much except they are the #1 choice of NASCAR fans)...

I have looked into retreads, im still not real comfortable with the idea of running them on the road.

SSR, I like this tire, bites well, pulls well and stays together well.

I've been very happy with my SSR's. I drive my heep to all the events so I can confirm the fine road-handling of the SSR. They also seem to work well as an all-around mud and rock tire. I had some minor issues on wet rock, but nothing a steady pedal didn't fix. Just don't forget to air up after you leave or they can get a bit noisy. :)

Cornbread and beans for me next month,
Ordered 35x12.5xr15 BFG KM2s today.
I'm getting them through Discount Tire, running me $980 but i get all the free rotate and balance. I ended p going with discount just because there is one on every corner and my plan is to be religious with rotating these things.

Got to run the KM2s this weekend. The track bar(RE 1660) didn't come in until today so I was still using the RE 1600, and the jeep needs a good, professional alignment. but I couldn't resist and took the jeep out and played in the creek beds behind the house.
Based on my expert knowledge of offroad tires having run 2 different sizes of BFG ATs and now KM2s for a day and a half I have to say KM2s are the best tire out there. They never slipped, flexed great, and even took a stump or two to the sidewall and held up. I idled through stuff I couldn't make it through before. And i figure this has 100% to do with the tires and not the new LSD rear or locked front or finally a decent gear ratio.

So basically I still have no REAL opinion about the KM2s, but they passed test one.

Awesome, I'm anxious to get my 32" KM2s (this week I hope!)

How are they on the street?

Well with the wrong track bar and some serious toe issues, the death wobble was bad enough to eject a passenger at 10mph. But the tires felt fine.

i'll hopefully have a road review by next monday, planning on a several hundred mile treck around central texas for thanksgiving.

Back