• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie with tranny issue

There is a seperate, white switch further up the pedal that is for the t/c unlock. I know t's there on the older Renix's and believe the newer Jeeps have it in the same place, but haven't seen it personally.

lawsoncl said:
There is a seperate, white switch further up the pedal that is for the t/c unlock. I know t's there on the older Renix's and believe the newer Jeeps have it in the same place, but haven't seen it personally.

I disconnected the brake switch and the tranny sounded different just going from park to neutral. i plug it back in and it sounds like it did before. This is just something i noticed, may not mean a thing. Will look for any other switched further up but when i did before all i saw was the bolted hinge point for the pedal assmebly.

I "jiggled the handle", err more likely i actually unplugged the brake switch and also tapped on it with a screwdriver handle. Now the Lockup in the T/C works fine again. The switch is 20 bucks new at Jeep am just going to get new one and call it good i think.

Hopefully this is it.

Back