• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New winch plate depth if possible.

CSaddict

NAXJA Forum User
I have my rock rails on and my rear bumper painted and on minus the unibody tie ins on the rear bumper for now. I will get pics in the day light. I took some today but with the rain everything is hard to see.

Anyway I am going to start my new front bumper. I don't have a winch but would like to make it far enough from the grill to fit one in the future. If someone could measure from the the grill to the front of the mounting plate on their winch bumper I would greatly appreciate it. I am coming up with at least 7 1/2" minimum looking at the dimensions on Warn and Mile Marker's website. I am going with a full tube bumper like the TNT pre runner type. Like so:

fronttubular.jpg

Thanks in advance.
David

Dave, make sure you let me know when you're in the market for a winch.

Most winches shouldn't stick back from the rear bolt pattern more than 2-3 inches, you can tuck it pretty good if you trim your grill like above. By the way, since you did a non-tube in the back, I think you should do the same in the front.

I like the tube bumpers in the front. Easy to make, and will cost me next to nothing! My rear with the tire carrier cost me around $200 to make. I figure I can make the front for around $50. Just ordered some RE 3.5 rear leafs to replace my 3" aal that is now sagging thanks to my monster rear bumper. I am hoping not to weigh down the front as badly as I did the back. Between my rock rails and rear set up I figure I added around 250+lbs with my 31" spair.

and how much did you pay for those leafs? you should always be talking to me before you order anything.

add-a-leafs suck, they kill stock leafs and they're stiff, you'll be happy with the leafs. build a shackled traction bar system next and ill buy one from ya ;)

They were like $315 shipped from Jeepin Outfitters. I got new U bolts and 4 degree steel shims too.

Jason-RJR said:
Right on, I look forward to seeing your bumper ;)

hickeybiltframebrace7et.jpg

DO NOT use these mesurements,they are wrong.The 4th and 5th holes are off(when looked at from front to back).They should be 6-5/8th and 9-3/8th +-1/16th.

OlyWa

Back