• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to NAXJA NW, shopping for an XJ

i assume you are talking about the CKP sensor? good stuff, did you just go to the junkyard or what? I test drove it today, didnt see any issue, but i guess it happens on and off.
yes.. i am talking about the Crank position sensor.. and no on the junkyard?

Hell why not never know when you might need something and is great to have it aready waiting for you.

good point, well, gonna get the jeep tomorrow, first sign of CKP going out ill pick up a couple.
LOL you won't get a sign of it it will just die and not start or when you go out in morning it won't start. It doesn't go out slowly it just goes when it wants to, might want to get one ahead of time to be safe.
Just my thoughts on it.

So I am at the dealership now... The rear axle is round and has a rubber plug, from the link posted earlier, does that mean it's Dana 35? Is it time for me to run?? Help would be cool asap! Thanks guys!

So I am at the dealership now... The rear axle is round and has a rubber plug, from the link posted earlier, does that mean it's Dana 35? Is it time for me to run?? Help would be cool asap! Thanks guys!
Sounds like a D35. Not the end of the world. If the rest of the rig is nice, it's still probably worth doing; you can find near free 8.25s from time to time.

-----Matt-----

Sounds like a D35. Not the end of the world. If the rest of the rig is nice, it's still probably worth doing; you can find near free 8.25s from time to time.

-----Matt-----
Thanks Matt, we looked at it, it was flat on the bottom and we called the Chrysler dealer and they said it was a stony axle, should be spline 27 or 29

Flat bottom on an otherwise round pumpkin is an 8.25". '99 is a 29 spline 8.25", good axle. It will hold up well for light/moderate wheeling with up to 33" tires no problem.

screw the rear axle, did you buy the jeep? a $200 upgrade is nothing, if the rest of the jeep is sound..

Back