• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to jeeps, new to naxja

Ahh nice nice! Sounds like you're gonna get off to a good start. IMO, I would find something no newer than 99...so if you wanna keep the style like you got now, that would be a 97-99. Anything pre-2000 had things like stronger front axles, cylinder heads that are not more prone to cracking, and distributor type ignition versus coil packs (which is what you have now).

Just my opinion, and everybody has their own opinion.

Ya know I think I have to agree...This is my second '01, and it just started dropping oil pressure at idle....the same thing my first '01 did, prior to the tree falling on it:laugh: They both have the same approx mileage, 140k
I'm pretty sure the first one had the cracked head...mysterious loss of water...no puddle...The new to me second '01 was a strong runner...until this past week......I'm not happy about that:tears:

not that anyone cares, but i finally sold my XJ today for a whopping 3500 dollars
:yelclap:

so now the hunt for XJ number two is on. sucks that next week is finals and I wont be able to look over the weekend. Right now the prime rig is a 99 in black or green with tan interior, non abs, and the231.

also does anyone know about IRO lifts? their 5.5 lift seems pretty cheap and i was wondering if its worth it. (the non la one)

Good deal on selling the XJ. You can do a lot with $3500. Buy a solid platform and then research and ask questions to get it built to to way you will use it. We'll all be glad to help.

do you think you could stop by and see what its like/drives like/4wd works? I could probably haggle em down to 1500 and then i would have enough left over to lift it right away!:cheers:

i looked at the one in nashville for ya.... looks like a good start for a project. it's in pretty good shape, and runs/drives good. 4x4 works, too.

Thanks man i really appreciate it! I will probably go look at it this weekend after my finals are done:gonnablow

well, i stopped by a little mom n pop used car dealer after school today to look at a 2000 XJ they had sitting out side. It turned out to be 2wd, but the salesman showed me 96 XJ with 4WD, and only 89k miles. took it for a drive and wow, i really like those older body styles now. he listed it as 4k so i gotta haggle alot. Whats yalls experience with 96's. Im now stuck between 96 and 98+

here it is: http://guaranteedautoga.com/view/251035

My strong advice is to not buy from a car dealer if you don't have to. You can get more value buying from an individual.

uhm x1000

dude!

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1012563 check this out seriously... its in your price range and its already lifted and ready to go... $2,250.00

why buy a $4000 jeep thats stock and overpriced?? all they did was purchase the vehicle for what you should have and are trying to sell it to you for more money to make a profit...

thanks for the quick advice! YJ General, that jeep looks really nice and im looking into it, but it has pretty high miles. im looking for one with 155k or below miles

sorrry for the double post, but i forgot to say that my dad had a good idea. Tommorow im gonna walk into the dealership and say ill give em 2800 cash(do think this is a reasonable price) out the door. If they say yes, great, if the say no, oh well

oh believe me, im not settling for anything more. Plus theres always more jeeps and if this guy cant sell it he'll probably come back to me. The 96's are really growing on me, they just look meaner in my opinion. Now im really stuck on my next jeep...old body or new???:wow:

Back