• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New rig.

Shocking..

For a 2" stretch on an xj you can run MJ mains for a 3" then use the last hole on a ruffstuff perch past the tubes to bring it in 1" so its only 2" total. Youll need shackle relocators though . 2" stretch might result in axle wrap if its all in a perch so consider a traction bar

For a 2" stretch on an xj you can run MJ mains for a 3" then use the last hole on a ruffstuff perch past the tubes to bring it in 1" so its only 2" total. Youll need shackle relocators though . 2" stretch might result in axle wrap if its all in a perch so consider a traction bar

I thought about issues with wrap. For now I'm just going to make my set. I'm using a pair of perches I already own. They have a 1 inch stretch hole. So that will have to work for now.

Mine will stretch one inch as well to compensate for the flange adapter on the 8.8. From what I gather the stock drivshaft will be too long if you dont stretch the 1".. either way it wouldnt hurt..

I have stock driveshaft on my MJ with F8.8 and flange.

spring over stretches the driveshaft out 1" from the tcase, so don't be in a huge hurry to push the axle back.

Jeremy is SUA

Be easy to make another 2 my friend. 6x8" 3/8 plate holes are 1" in from side 1.5" from top and bottom. 9/16" holes leaves plenty of room for the nuts/bolt head between the leaves.

if you wanted to get real nutty, you can run a tap through the bottom plate so you can thread directly into , slick as hell if you do that.

Damn that's not a bad idea but those holes are 9/16" already.. But now I think I messed up . I should be ok with the 9/16" hole for the center pin on the perch? I can always flip that so I dont use that hole anyways. and drill those other 2 1/2" or something. Or am I overthinking this?

Then if it was threaded it'd basically be double nutted. I was just going to either double nut or nylock and red loctite them

Back