• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Product Idea for Vendors out there

You could invest into a welder/grinder/drill and make you're own

this won't end well
It's re-branded by Rugged Ridge and a couple other companies. I am curious what the overall quality is, though.

You could invest into a welder/grinder/drill and make you're own
Meh, I've got the tools (welder, plasma, 20 ton pan brake, air/hydro bender, etc) but no immediate access to a CNC table to do it the way I'd like to. With all my other current projects in flight, $150 is well worth a turnkey piece IMO.

Just an update on the Omix-Ada/Rugged Ridge crossmember...

It fits, but barely. It has the slotted holes on one side of the crossmember (opposite side of the OEM one, which threw me off), and a friend had to hook some straps to it and pull it to one side to get the other bolts to thread.

I also had to bore out the transmission mount holes a tiny bit, likely due to the fact that the studs on the Crown mount I bought flared out a bit.

Otherwise, it's stout as hell and will be a great foundation for a transfer case skid hoop.

My plan is to just order some armor to fit over it all, instead of replacing the whole shebang.

My challenge is finding something a bid wider to fit over my frame rail stiffeners.

My plan is to just order some armor to fit over it all, instead of replacing the whole shebang.

My challenge is finding something a bid wider to fit over my frame rail stiffeners.

you can get that on amazon.

Millermatic_211_Auto-Set.png

The JCR skid can be made to fit with stiffeners as well if I am not mistaken. I have that one and have balanced the whole jeep on it at on point or another.

Dont forget the bender, press, brake, etc etc..

what do you need all that crap for?

this was built with just a grinder and a welder, and a dodge 3500 as a brake to make the bend (put a block under the plate and drove over it. worked like a charm), which turned out to be somewhat unnecessary, but made it hug a little tighter.

I could have easily made it to fit over stiffeners but didn't have them at the time. been on there for almost 4 years without an issue..

the crossmember is just some 3/16" C-Channel that I notched to clear the driveshaft and exhaust hangar.

Back