• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here.

manganos

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I'd join and say hi. I just bought a 99XJ but I'm not new to Jeeps. I've owned a 93 YJ, a 98 TJ, two 98XJ's, and now own a 2006 CRD Libby and the new to me 99XJ. Here are the mods done to the XJ. .

4.5" Rusty's coils
3" Rusty's leaf packs
1.5" TNT Boomerang Shackle
Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar and Frame Mount
Rusty's Lower Control Arm's
JKS Quicker Disco's
Rusty's Front Tow Hooks and Unibody Tie-Ins
Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks
33x12.50x15r Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
15" black 342 wheels
Cassidys Custom rear bumper and tire carrier
Optima Yellow Top
Safari Snorkel
Alpine cda-9851 deck
Pioneer speakers
Cobra cb
Wilson 4ft fiberglass antenna
Custom rocker skids
Custom T-case skid
Tomken gas tank skid
Hi-Lift jack (all cast) and jackguard
NP231 T-case
D30 with Aussie Locker
Open 8.25
3.07 gears
Flowmaster Exhaust
Trimmed fenders
Removable front doors
Much more

Soon to come is a re-gear. I'm thinking 4.10's or 4.56's. I'm using this as a DD so I'm not sure yet.

Welcome. I see you're about to re-gear...how does it drive/accelerate with the stock 3.07 (i've got the same gearing)? I'm hesitant to get bigger tires and a lift because it's serving as a DD at the moment.

It accelerates just fine through 4th gear. 5th is useless until an indictated 65mph or so. My wife says my 60mph is 70 + in her Libby. I'd say a re-gear is a necessity.

manganos said:
It accelerates just fine through 4th gear. 5th is useless until an indictated 65mph or so. My wife says my 60mph is 70 + in her Libby. I'd say a re-gear is a necessity.

Fair enough...i knew the speedo would be off, just not by how much.

I can't believe that you're running 33s with 3.07 gears. I have 31s and 3.07s, and I am counting down the days until I can ditch that combo for 5.38/5.43s and 35s. Do you only drive downhill or something? :D

That's my old jeep and i miss the hell out of it. Chris check out richmondjeepers.com by the way. There's a lot of people on there that will be a lot of help if you run into any problems, and they have a lot of trailrides and such. Hope you are enjoying it man.

Back