• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW GUY here + need some assistance!

OK, fwiw being also member of a ford oriented 4WD club for quite awhile..
I'll say this.
The D44 & 8.8 is a step up from the D35. 99.5% agree here..
Read this first "Either is an upgrade" Now that's done..
I've had both axles in my rigs. The 8.8 axle shaft diameter is "much" larger, so it takes alot more to break them... so a c-clip issue is mute when compared to a D44, non c-clip.
I know a guy running 37" SSR's with a full size rig not breaking shafts..
And many others have run the 8.8 36"TSL's so the shafts are strong for using 35" Tires.. I know a D44 rear would snap shafts under the wheeling conditons i've seen with 8.8's, You can upgrade the D44 if need be.. A D44 plus, it bolts right in a big plus for some.. I agree and a good point.
It's your choice only the extra work or price should come into play here for either axle.
That is more of apples to apples on that subject of c-clips re: the 8.8...
I have pics of what we did on my other half's Explorer.. She's wheeled the crap out of it for eight years and counting now.
I would truss and weld it though the tubes can twist in the center section under severe usage. see below.
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/399/17626

Last edited:
So yeah just went to Evan's for the first time today! Bushwackers are not the way to go, enough said! You all were right, you don't have to rub it in! Also my alternater quit on me about half way down 102, had about 4 jumps from Evan's to Wilkeson, AAA the rest the way home!

RubiconKid95 said:
So yeah just went to Evan's for the first time today! Bushwackers are not the way to go, enough said! You all were right, you don't have to rub it in! Also my alternater quit on me about half way down 102, had about 4 jumps from Evan's to Wilkeson, AAA the rest the way home!

Hope you enjoyed the scenery and wheelin' despite the problems. --- I did tell you those Bushwackers wouldn't fall off, they'd rub off. :rof: Next time you'll have even more fun up there.

Metal Thrasher said:
Hope you enjoyed the scenery and wheelin' despite the problems. --- I did tell you those Bushwackers wouldn't fall off, they'd rub off. :rof: Next time you'll have even more fun up there.

Go in the Wintertime and they SHATTER. It's fun tew watch. :cool:

RubiconKid95 said:
Glad you got out and had some fun. Which trails did you run? Saving up for the locker yet? :)

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Glad you got out and had some fun. Which trails did you run? Saving up for the locker yet? :)

-----Matt-----
Yeah i was thinking about a locker the whole time! Im too sure about the trails, the map was hard to read but i think we started with 311 and pretty sure we went up 102, that curvy ass hill all the way up, comes out to that pit with a lot of rocks? That was a blast!

Blkxjkrawler said:
BAH!!! I have navigated lots of northwest ORV areas with nothing more than a map of Evans. :confused1
:roflmao:

That was fawking priceless! So there we were at Walker with Ryan leading the group. At one point we got kinda lost and consulted the map. I looked over and Ryan was rotating the map, trying to get his bearings with a look of deep concentration on his face.

After a few moments, I looked a little closer and realized he was looking at a map of Evans Creek. Classic!

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
:roflmao:

That was fawking priceless! So there we were at Walker with Ryan leading the group. At one point we got kinda lost and consulted the map. I looked over and Ryan was rotating the map, trying to get his bearings with a look of deep concentration on his face.

After a few moments, I looked a little closer and realized he was looking at a map of Evans Creek. Classic!

-----Matt-----
LOL! You just made me choke on my water!

So I picked up a new alternater and power steering pressure hose, so next year i go up the RTI ramp I wont spray eveyone, from B&B today, Got the hose in and te alt. half way in, got to late, finish it tomorrow, i'll let you know if it fires up!

Back