• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy Here in Ohio

I spent some time Saturday giving the ride a little love. It had a slight miss at idle, so she got new cap, rotor, plugs, and plug wires. Also, did an oil change, switched to 10w-30 Rotella, changed the air filter while I was at it. No more miss at idle, seems a bit smoother overall as well.

Trying to figure out what I want for a lift kit, there's so many options out there.

Re: Re: New Guy Here in Ohio

Howdy.

So I'm thinking about swapping the 8.25 out for a 8.8 and tossing an Artec truss on it for some insurance. I'll toss an Artec on the front HP D30 as well. Sound like a good start. I've found a few 8.8s in the $150-250 range with the 4.10 LSD & discs. Am I headed in the right direction?

Artec is some good stuff at an economical price for sure. Welcome and yes, you're going in the right direction!

Austin

welcome. I would have used the Artec versus IRO brackets for my 8.8 in the ZJ except I got the brackets cheap.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about this Dana 30 in the front in terms of locking it. ARB sounds like one of the best ways, but that also means the highest investment. I daily this XJ, so I'm not keen on having one of the 'ratcheting' lockers. So school me on my options...please.

Back