• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Cherokee?

DharmaDog

NAXJA Forum User
Here is a pic of the new 4-door Wrangler. I've been wanting another Cherokee. I'd only give up my current Cherokee, for something very similar to it. The Liberty doesn't do it. The GC is too nice, and the Commander is absurd. I'd consider this though.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Aut...ly_Edition_Sept_30-Oct_3_2005.S173.A9375.html

Sorry if it's been posted before. I'd heard of the upcoming Wrangler, but hadn't seen pictures, so it wasn't "real" to me.

Most people think its a photo chop. I am not skilled in the program. but those that are, say its deffinatly one.

idk. I am pretty sure I will get to see it before alot of the internet does. one good things about dcx employee access. Our GeneralManager hasnt even seen it yet.

I like it! If it's a photoshop they went to alot of trouble. If you'll notice the front clip is even different than a TJ, kinda looks wider than a TJ, more like a Liberty, hard to tell by the pic. Another thing is the hood to fender gap is alot higher up than a TJ.
They probably won't put it into production though, too many people want one lol.

My neighbor is an engineer for Bestop. He has early access to new models. He did mention to me that he saw this vehicle already. I'll have to ask him for pics. :thumbup:

How the hell can you tell how wide or how much interior room there is by looking at a side profile???

DC has been toying with the idea of a 4-door Wrangler for years and years now. I'm not going to hold my breath, though I'd love it if the did offer one.

Dirk Pitt said:
How the hell can you tell how wide or how much interior room there is by looking at a side profile???

hehahehaaaaa

my thoughts exactly...

"well - it looks deeper in the picture than my TJ does from the same angle when i look at it..."

I should have made it clearer, I was just referring to the front end when I said that it "looks wider". A Tj has a V shaped hood , very narrow at the front. In the pic it doesn't look like the hood curves inward toward the front like a TJ, the fenders don't appear to have the flat top like a TJ, looks like the hood takes up the space. as far as the rest of the body, I would image it's the same width as a TJ, since it's probably on the same platform.

You should take photos and sell them to the car rags.

That's a real photo, and yes, they're building a 4-dr Wrangler. How can folks still not know this basic info yet?

Read up on the new '07 models: http://jeepin.net/blog/?p=10

Here's some highlights: 2 and 4-dr models, solid axles by Dana front and rear, Rubicon models have 33" tires and in-cab controlled swaybar disconnects, muffler is under the rear bumper now instead of the gas tank, doors are still removeable, 4.0L replaced by 3.8L V6 (not a typo), hard top models feature removable panels, soft tops should be available on both models, wider and longer than current TJ, overall exterior and interior styling is VERY much like the Gladiator concept.

The vehicle in the spy photo is a euro-spec model (ie: RHD, enclosed front fenders, and rear fog light - red lens - on the rear bumper).

Back