• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never Forget !

jeep01xj

NAXJA Forum User
Thank you to all those that serve and we remember all of those that have fallen

51456454.jpg

untitled.jpg

Andy
FireFighter/EMT-P

To all those who have served, are currently serving, or gave up their lives on that horrible day...thanks. It is much appreciated!

bring our troops home and stop screwing them out of their home leave.

i havent seen my best friend in almost a year and his leave keeps getting pushed back, started in may, now pushed back to december.

IcedXJ said:
this day just keeps getting more emotional...

It is quite emotional. This morning I went to Ground Zero. There were many teary eyes in the crowd. It was very emotional as they were calling out the names of those that died. Despite the size of the crowd, there was no pushing, everybody just flowed.

There were also hundreds of whackos wearing black shirts proclaiming the Govt was behind the terror attack. Complete idiots. Instead of bagles and hot dog stands, they should have had tin foil stands.

Glenn said:
It is quite emotional. This morning I went to Ground Zero. There were many teary eyes in the crowd. It was very emotional as they were calling out the names of those that died. Despite the size of the crowd, there was no pushing, everybody just flowed.

There were also hundreds of whackos wearing black shirts proclaiming the Govt was behind the terror attack. Complete idiots. Instead of bagles and hot dog stands, they should have had tin foil stands.
but in that lies the beauty of this country...We should be happy that you see that, not for what they are saying, but for the freedom they have to do that.

Glenn said:

Easy enough to ignore. Let them do their own thing so long as it doesn't interfere with yours. Working in Downtown Seattle I learned that life was much easier to deal with as long as I wasn't letting them get to me. :D 'Wackos' is the correct term, but whatever. :D

Now, back to 9-11 goodness. Smoking a small pork shoulder piece today in the wet smoker, using beer instead of water. This is in dishonor of the cowards who attacked our country. :us:

I just got back from iraq in June my unit just got extended and allthough i was lucky enough to be able to stay in the u.s with my family and friends, the rest of my buddies just got extended for another 4 months. As of now they have been there for 14 months straight. Pray for our troops and be thankfull for your freedom.

I still think of 9/11 pretty much daily. Even though here in the midwest we weren't directly affected I took it personal nonetheless. It wasn't just NYC that was attacked, it was all of America, NYC just happened to be one of the three places that took the hit.We were ALL the target of their hatred.I just can't believe how many people seem to have forgotten or shrug it off as if it were a generation ago instead of just five years.
The policy of not showing the Twin Towers falling since the attack is a mistake and a dishonor IMO. The feeling and bonding we all had in the days immediately should still be felt, the politicising that we see today is sickening.TC

TC said:
I still think of 9/11 pretty much daily. Even though here in the midwest we weren't directly affected I took it personal nonetheless. It wasn't just NYC that was attacked, it was all of America, NYC just happened to be one of the three places that took the hit.We were ALL the target of their hatred.I just can't believe how many people seem to have forgotten or shrug it off as if it were a generation ago instead of just five years.
The policy of not showing the Twin Towers falling since the attack is a mistake and a dishonor IMO. The feeling and bonding we all had in the days immediately should still be felt, the politicising that we see today is sickening.TC

Concur. However, the public has a depressingly short memory (taken as a whole...) and no understanding of the threat we are faced with. We are dealing with a religiously-motivated enemy who views us as allies of their Satan (we are called "The Great Satan" in the Muslim/Islam world,) and we're dealing with individuals raised from early childhood to believe that killing Americans ("Satans") is a magic ticket to the side of their God.

There is no negotiation with these people. Appeasement won't work. You can't try to make them happy as long as we're still around. We are in no less than a war of annihilation - we won't even be able to attrit them to "a level where they cannot sustain conflict." As long as there is one of them and one of us, we will be at war.

Damn being politically correct. Damn the politicking, the partisanship, and damn all attempts at "rapproachment" or "appeasement" - they won't work anyhow. This is an unlimited war of annihilation - and, until we fully realise this and prosecute it as such, we will be destined to lose no matter what efforts we make otherwise.

America, being a young country, has a short memory - and this will also be part of our downfall, if we don't do anything to remedy that. "Those who do not learn from the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat its mistakes" - while I'm no history buff, history does teach. Note our warfighting since WWII/1945 - we're always fighting the current war using the previous war's tactics and equipment. Now, we're trying to fight a religious war using political war tactics - and it will not work. Period. This is not a "set-piece" war. This is not a war for resources or territory, in the conventional sense of either. This is a war of annihilation - the other side will not be finished until we are totally annihilated or "turned" - and we need to keep the same focus. This war can only end with the compleat and total destruction of one side or the other - as long as I'm breathin, I'm going to insist upon it being the other side.

Endeth the sermon.

5-90

Never forget? How could someone forget? There are so many people shoving it down people's throats that it is impossible to forget. I can't go anywhere today without hearing about it. Terrorism is 10% boom, 90% echo. This thing is echoing pretty big.
:soapbox:

You may now flame me out if you wish.

Am I forgetting something :confused:

Forgetting something? Maybe not. I guess in some cases it's more likely a matter of never-having-known in the first place, I believe the term is clueless, or perhaps morbidly ignorant. Hmmm, I wonder which applies here.
For some reason the word Undeserving comes to mind also.

Informed perhaps

I agree. I don't know how people could forget. I also think about it just about everyday.

I pray that something like that never happens again. But I also look at how amazing it was that everyone all of a sudden came together. I never saw so many American flags being flown.

Now it's kind of amazing at how few American flags are being flown. It really does seem like a lot of people have forgotten or don't really seem to care much anymore.

I'll never forget anything about that day nor about how many lives were lost. Nearly 3,000 people were killed, 343 of them being FDNY firefighters and more than 80 Police Officers from different agencies. How could people forget?

Back