• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never Forget !

The odds aren't very good of me forgetting. It does seem to be a great political rallying cry though (not trying to be hateful...just stating a fact). This tragedy has been used to justify much of what we've done as a nation (for better or worse) over the course of the last five years.

BlackSport96 said:
lets not make this political...
just trying to stir the pot, albeit very gently

Even I tear up when I catch it on tv.

johnlv6This tragedy has been used to justify much of what we've done as a nation (for better or worse) over the course of the last five years.[/quote said:
That is a tragedy, it really irritates me how much it has been used to justify. I am also quite confident I'd feel this way if my political standings were the opposite of what they are.

DDDc said:
But I also look at how amazing it was that everyone all of a sudden came together. I never saw so many American flags being flown.

Now it's kind of amazing at how few American flags are being flown. It really does seem like a lot of people have forgotten or don't really seem to care much anymore.

Actually I must say that aside from special dates (and today there were more flags than normal) I think it is right that people pulled their flags. When the flag is seen from every angle possible every day it's meaning becomes dilluted. When the frequency of flag spottings comes up on special dates it makes it that much more special (as opposed to if just about all vehicles were still sporting flags like five years ago.)

I will say that I never did join everybody else and put flags over everything I owned becuase even at the time I viewed the amount of "flagging" to be excessive and at risk of dilluting their meaning. I saw it so much that it became appearent that it had ceased to be a special meaning and become the thing to do at the moment.

GSequoia said:
That is a tragedy, it really irritates me how much it has been used to justify. I am also quite confident I'd feel this way if my political standings were the opposite of what they are.

9/11 is our generations Pearl Harbor (anyone know what happened there?). It's also proof that politicians are scum....let's use a national tragedy as an excuse to invade a foreign country (Iraq..not Afghanistan). I vote Republican and i'm in the military and i have these views...how extreme do you think others out there feel about these issues?

GSequoia said:
I will say that I never did join everybody else and put flags over everything I owned becuase even at the time I viewed the amount of "flagging" to be excessive and at risk of dilluting their meaning. I saw it so much that it became appearent that it had ceased to be a special meaning and become the thing to do at the moment.

To me, selectively displaying the flag is little more than band-wagon jumping onto a cause. If you don't feel strongly enough about your flag to proudly display it 24/7, 365, why should you pull it out of the attic September 11th? To some people (myself included) the flag is more than a pretty decoration.

Last edited:
johnlv6 said:
To me, selectively displaying the flag is little more than band-wagon jumping onto a cause. If you don't feel strongly enough about your flag to proudly display it 24/7, 365, why should you pull it out of the attic September 11th? To some people (myself included) the flag is more than a pretty decoration.

x2

Motherfuckin' Hoo-ah.

:peace:

jeep01xj said:
Thank you to all those that serve and we remember all of those that have fallen

51456454.jpg

untitled.jpg

Andy
FireFighter/EMT-P

Andy -
Have you a larger copy of the picture of Fireman Lehman? I'd like a larger copy, if one is available. It's worthy, I think, of my "Hall of Heroes" collection...

5-90

5-90 said:
Andy -
Have you a larger copy of the picture of Fireman Lehman? I'd like a larger copy, if one is available. It's worthy, I think, of my "Hall of Heroes" collection...

5-90

Nope sorry. Just the one I found on google.com
I have a bunch of pics but none of them big :(

Andy
FF/EMT-P

Israel has been terrorizing the middle east since it was formed.

No, a history book.

get off my nuts wolfe. i didnt say anything about israel and new york.

jealous of my foreskin?

:laugh:

I'll never forget.

As sick as this sounds I believe that 9/11 actually saved my life. I was headed for a stress related heart attack and switching employers as a direct result of 9/11 forced me to have a major life style change.

Work was really surreal Monday morning, very quiet. Driving home there were two flags flying in my neighborhood, my dad's house and a retired nun that lives down the street.

I agree with Sequoia, seeing the country plastered with the flag allows them to eventually fade into the background, but on Independence Day or Memorial Day seeing the tsreets lined with flags make them flying really special.

I dont want an American flag sticker on my car.

I wonder how many of those that have the American flag stickers, (most also have support our troops and a jebus fish, like they come as a package deal) really feel that
"proud to be an american" feeling.
i bet they feel proud the day they put the stickers on, then forget about it the next when they are cutting me off and running me off the road in their H2's and f350's
im sure they are "glad" and "happy" to be here though,
Land of the Free! (at least free'er than everyone else)

"pride" feels like its an ego boost. I prefer "respect", it seems to get you further anyways.

maybe thats how i feel.

so id never put the flag on my car as a sticker, but on special occasions of remeberance; memorial day, independance day, and especially veterens day, I can see myself flying a full size out the back of the heep, or even flying the colors ala old school amc.
rwrta721Left.jpg
rwrta721Right.jpg

and dipping into the corkscrew
_MTR4094.jpg

Last edited:
Back