• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need to no if i can't cut this

Man that thing looks sweet whats you future plans on it?

Nice work. I would not leave that gas tank like that. You need to have at least one barrier between you and it. May want to think about boxing it in.
i would not worry about the tank, there a hundred rigs with their tanks just like yours out here in Cali, and i have never heard of any issues with that setup, safety or otherwise, heck, all the race buggies have tanks right behind the drivers and safety is paramount in racing!!!!!!!

i would not worry about the tank, there a hundred rigs with their tanks just like yours out here in Cali, and i have never heard of any issues with that setup, safety or otherwise, heck, all the race buggies have tanks right behind the drivers and safety is paramount in racing!!!!!!!

Yup, and they are using fuel cells, not OEM gas tanks. There is a reason for that.

Yup, and they are using fuel cells, not OEM gas tanks. There is a reason for that.
lets look at it this way, he has moved the tank out of harms way by getting it out of the rocks, putting the body between the tank and the rocks and putting it inside the roll cage where it is least likely to get damaged, the fuel cells they are using are plastic ( Polly tanks ) with aluminum covers etc, most don't have barriers to protect them from puncture, or keep you separated from the tanks. my 66 Chevy truck had the tank in the cab behind the seat, well i will admit that that tank is not the uber safe race tank but they are totally safe or they would not be able to use them

true, I never thought to look at the local college.

yeah ive taken MIG and TIG at community colleges. what i would try and do is take a mental sculpture class. the teacher will teah you how to weld and then you can build your own bumper or something, tell your teacher its "art" and your good to go:clap:

im lovin the way this biuld is going.

but what made you decide to cut that much off of the jeep in the first place? was there alot of body damage or did you just get wake up one day and decide to cut somethin up?

yeah ive taken MIG and TIG at community colleges. what i would try and do is take a mental sculpture class. the teacher will teah you how to weld and then you can build your own bumper or something, tell your teacher its "art" and your good to go:clap:

took a jewelry making class in college that taught me how to solder really well. it was actually a great class for fine metal working.

Back