• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need recomendations for a machine shop

smokinlib1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Fairly new to the area and I'd like to get some recomendations for a good machine shop in the Vacaville/Sacramento area. Pretty much just need basic work on a 4.0: block and head cleaned, block bored and decked, line honed, fit the pistons to the cylinders, balancing, install cam bearing, grind the crank and head surfaced and valve job.

Thanks!

Bob

Seriously? Nobody in the area has ANY opinions of machine shops/engine shops?

I don't know of any. Sorry.

My friend owns a machine shop, but it's all the way down here in salinas. He does good work though.

There is/was one out hwy-29 from Vallejo in American Canyon that used to be pretty good, Bailey Brothers Performance. But I haven't had any engine machine work done in MANY years (I'm talkin the 80's here). So, I really don't know what's really out there anymore or if Bailey's is even still open. I've seen the shop is still there, but???
Try calling PartsMike, WFO Concepts, or even RuffStuff and ask them who they might know. All three shops are in the greater Sac area and have great people usually willing to help out a wheeler. WFO has a lot of modified rigs roll through their doors so they might know some good shops. Good luck.

Back