• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help

Jimmys95

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at picking up 2 XJ. Neither of these run and one is missing a rear axle and tires. I need to get these a total of 85 miles to my house. I dont have a trailer but do have a tow bar. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them home? I live in Saratoga Springs, NY ( north of Albany) and im going to look at them on Monday. Anyone have a spare rear axle and tires laying around I can borrow to get the one home? Anyone willing to give me a hand and go get them with me? Any Suggestions..... Thanks Jimmy

Have you considered renting a trailer?

I thought about a trailer its just the fact that my TJ wont pull a trailer and the XJ. Im trying to find someone to loan me a truck or where to rent a truck so I can get it. Budget truck rental quoted me $375 for truck trailer and mileage. Thats alittle high but im still working on finding something.

what about u-haul with those trucks that say $19 a day. Their service records suck but if its 170 miles what the heck give it a shot those trucks look newer. Grab just a trailer from somewhere else.

razrwild said:
what about u-haul with those trucks that say $19 a day. Their service records suck but if its 170 miles what the heck give it a shot those trucks look newer. Grab just a trailer from somewhere else.

Tried that. The problem with renting that truck is not the cost of rental but the fee for mileage. They want 79 cents a mile. Thats almost $135 for one trip. I might have someone who will go with me to get these things. My goal with this was to not spend more for towing than I pay for the Jeeps. Think I may have it worked out now. Thanks for the help.

razrwild said:
go to a car dealership and ask them if you can take a dodge 3500 dually for a test drive, that'll save some money lol

I like that idea LOL They wouldnt mind a few hundred miles and a few hour long test drive would they?

Where are you going to pick them up? I might be willing to give you a hand, maybe for gas money and a little incentive. I live in Troy. PM me and we'll talk :compwork:

Back