• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help from fellow NAXJA members (kinda long)

themud

NAXJA Forum User
I know some of you may disagree with me or what I going to ask you to to help me with.. I am concerned for the USPS and would ask that as taxpayers and citizens of this country that you please call and speak with your congressman concerning HR 1351 which will fix the postal service problems. There is a counter bill that is attempting to be rammed through by Daryl Issa who is the chairman for the committe on government oversight(also oversees the postal service). The facts are simple and if people here disagree with me that's fine just tell me that they won't call and that's fine but but bill 2309 which is being brought up for debate on wed at 1:30pm on Wed will kill the postal service and make it into the worst thing for hardcopy communitcations for the USA.

For those that agree with the Constitution please contact your congressman or woman and tell them you want the to vote YES to HR1351 and NO to HR 2309. There are those that will want to know why they should care just remember that the Postal Service is specifically named in the Constitution to get rid of that is just the first step towards dismantling that precious document. I know there are many stories of horrible union this or union that I don't want to make this into that debate (Please but if you want to have it PM me and I'll be happy to discuss it). The facts are we are being run into the ground by the worst possible management know to man and the proposals in HR2309 will turn this into an even worse mess than it currently is and won't fix a damn thing. I know many here think the government is overreaching and entirely too large and I do agree for a great many things but remember this the one thing NO ONE in the Postal Service (Including the Inspection Service and the OIG) is open your mail it is a felony. I do agree with those people who do that going to jail for a long time but there are ZERO guarentees for that with electronic communications(How about that for overreaching into your lives).

I would normally never ask this of my fellow wheelers and of those that may disagree but I'm going to in hope's that people still care. Daryl Issa is hell bent on destroying something guarenteed by the US Constituition and turning it into a private corporation that no longer will have to provide service to anyone unless they can make a buck on it. I consider this just as damning as taking away the second amendment and I'm pretty sure we are all on the same page as that.

Please post up and let me know you called..
Thanks very much.

Themud

Last edited:
IMO popular vote doesn't matter anymore. congress has shown they are voting against what the pop. vote is lately...they are doing what they want.

just my opinion though.

I understand but if we let them know they can be held responsible for their voting records the might think twice before doing it..

themud

Back