• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA and Jeepspeed

Jump This

Just another minion!
Although no official agenda has been posted, I intend to bring up NAXJA's involvement with Jeepspeed during our next meeting.
We spent $2000 on a couple of races this year in the form of contingency sponsorship. To tell the truth, it was too much for too little.
What can we do this next year? Would you guys like to see the same thing done? Any suggestions?
Sponsor a single car?
Maybe just have a designated event that we just all show up to M&G? Kinda' like a chapter event?
Suggestions?

how about we work on getting people in the dirt to get the word out a little more this year? I think the last minute rush hurt us a bit, with more advance notice I think we can put more bodies in the dirt talking to drivers and fans at the contingency meetings. A well staffed booth will do us a lot of good I think. I'm in to help with promotional flyers and signage again if this happens, gratis.

I agree with Mike... a well staffed booth, and more participation would be great.

Rick, why not start off with a Meet and Greet at each of the races.... get a little booth going not just at the contingency, but out on the race field....

I am sure to get flamed, but the whole JS contingency will bring so little to NAXJA. Yea its cool to be involved, but the 2k? really? If you guys want to get NAXJA out there, just get involved with the JeepSpeed teams, more fun, more team involvement, and its free. NAXJA is not a company, its a organization for XJ guy's not a Kartek, Bilstein, King etc..

I agree Rich, and I what I was proposing was not necessarily throwing more money at it this season. I just think being there and getting the word out would be the best thing. If we could have a nice looking booth, and get a few differently built XJs out there next to it to show people all the different things you can do with your jeep, we could get more exposure for the club than putting up prize money.

The exposure would work. If NAXJA gave out 2k worth of shirts or hats to people say in exchange for email addresses, then yes, exposure. I am not being negative, but I know the Racers, and they could care less, really. I wonder how many XJ owners are really out at the Races, I saw one really nice XJ and time trials and Larry and I told him about NAXJA, but honestly, he did not show much interest, mainly because he was part of a team racing not into Jeeps.

I also agree with Rich.. Naxja is not a company promoting product. If you want to help the jeepspeeder's out with some sort of contingency, then why not supply stickers to them, and give a way a prize fund like a gas card to help cover the cost of getting to the races.. do it like a drawing or something total random. I don't really have any ideas oh how to make it work, just an idea.. Like motorcross used to do years ago, a hundred bucks to the top finishing privateer to help with gas cost.. something to that extent. Teams or companies that have major sponsorship don't really need stuff like this. Its the little guy that does everything from HIS wallet that needs help..

I also agree with Rich.. Naxja is not a company promoting product. If you want to help the jeepspeeder's out with some sort of contingency, then why not supply stickers to them, and give a way a prize fund like a gas card to help cover the cost of getting to the races.. do it like a drawing or something total random. I don't really have any ideas oh how to make it work, just an idea.. Like motorcross used to do years ago, a hundred bucks to the top finishing privateer to help with gas cost.. something to that extent. Teams or companies that have major sponsorship don't really need stuff like this. Its the little guy that does everything from HIS wallet that needs help..

I'd guess you had no idea of what our involvement was this year.
;)
We had a random drawing for all NAXJA members who started the race.
Didn't even have to finish it.
There was plenty of lead time given for at least the last race of the series, and I still was the only NAXJA rep there.
I'm kinda' fond of the idea of having a NAXJA event at one of the races, but not being actually part of the race.

I'm kinda' fond of the idea of having a NAXJA event at one of the races, but not being actually part of the race.

You know, a couple of cool things I have seen over the last five years... *Every time someone from NAXJA comes out to a race, they seem to have another appreciation for the XJ and its capabilities
*Many seem to want to turn to the Jeepspeed forum more often
*Great get together opportunity, and I have made great friends hanging out!

Maybe a NAXJA sponsored BBQ out at a race?

I'd guess you had no idea of what our involvement was this year.
;)
We had a random drawing for all NAXJA members who started the race.
Didn't even have to finish it.
There was plenty of lead time given for at least the last race of the series, and I still was the only NAXJA rep there.

I am sorry Rick, You are right I had no idea of how NAXJA was involved last year.. I was not even involved last year.. I just don't want to see NAXJA sponsor one car in particular, vs the whole class.

Maybe a NAXJA sponsored BBQ out at a race?

How about a BBQ for the winning team and the last place finish (or first to DNF) teams, food on us? could get expensive running an open BBQ at the race. I do like this idea though.

I'll commit to staffing a booth at least one race as long as it's held here in CA, I don't think my XJ will make it to AZ or Nevada in its current condition :D

Thank you for what you did. I really appreciate it.

So much so that I brought the banner to Baja. I hope that you feel as much a part of the team and win as the integral team members. I don't give space on the car to anyone, it's only for what you did for us in the season that I kept the stickers on the car. Thanks.....

Scott Hartman
Dust Junkies/Fat City Racing
2009-2010 Baja 1000 Jeepspeed Champions

Start....

P1010851.jpg

Finish.....
P1050730.jpg

I guess it comes down to what NAXJA is trying to accomplish. If it is to attract new members then how many new members did the 2k get us? Is it to make people aware of NAXJA? I would think for that type of money being spent there must be some sort of business plan.

The goal was two pronged.
Exposure was the primary goal (in my opinion.) We are the premier XJ/MJ club in the country and it is kinda' hard to believe we have had no connection with the Jeepspeed series.
Second was building membership. That is where our failure was. Not enough new members signing up to justify the expense.

We had many people who would help out at the races, if only they could.
If work didn't get in the way, if money wasn't an issue, if they didn't have a life outside of their XJ. The bottom line was we just didn't get the involvement from our members that we had anticipated.

I'd still like to find a way to make a connection with our members who enjoy desert racing. We could probably come up with some funding for an event where we have a BBQ for all the racers as well as the NAXJA people who are there to spectate.....

I'd still like to find a way to make a connection with our members who enjoy desert racing. We could probably come up with some funding for an event where we have a BBQ for all the racers as well as the :NAXJA: people who are there to spectate.....

I think that is the best idea Rick, because even though my opinion is negative, spending money on contingency is not going to gain much for NAXJA

Lets get a bunch of NAXJA members out to Parker next year, even you Rick, no hiding in your motor-home. Just leave Scott and Andy out of it, they belong to Blower Racing! Best pit crew around.

I like the idea of a bbq and prize for the first/last place team, its something not many groups would think of. Imagine the publicity it could generate.

the prizes for first place could be maybe just $100 and a write up about the team and what happened at the race that they delt with. last could be $50 and a few naxja hats or something simple.

maybe we can work out carpools for staffers with lower budgets to help get them to the races. I cant use the work excuse right now but better planning in advance will help. Id have loved to get to more races but my work schedual and money issues hurt that effort.

also just a thought sponsoring a jeepspeed calender would be easy and fun. ask the winners of each race to submit a pic and details of the rig and team, multi time winners could choose other pics if so desired etc. then sell them at the races, on the forums etc proceeds go direct to race related causes or something to help get the word out about naxja and the cause.

just spit ballin

The BBQ for the JeepSpeed guys would be cool, just would need to figure out when. A lot of the Racers pack it up and hit the road right after the race.

Back