• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NASCAR

CRASH said:
Your confusion is understandable, given that all the manufacturers models look identical, use the same transmissions, rear axles, steering and suspension design, tires, ignition systems, etc.

What makes it even better, is that the "technology" employed is mostly from the late 1970's!

Now, the most impressive player in this anachronistic field, in my opinion, is Toyota. The fact that these jokers spent several hundred million dollars to reverse-engineer technology to pushrods and carburators really tells me that this mania has gotten out of hand. Stop the madness, embrace overhead cam motorsports.
Could not have said it better!!!

-----Matt-----

Scrappy said:
Actually... he could of said the same thing with one word.

lastara
:roflmao: Yeah, you're right about that. '60s vintage cars shrink-wrapped in tupperware going in a circle...for 500 miles? Pass.

My rule of thumb when it comes to motorsports; if the series uses stickers that look like headlights to fool the spectators, I won't like it. The converse is true, too; the more headlights, the better I usually like it.

-----Matt-----

John B said:
chelms27 said:
Tony(crybaby) Stewart QUOTE]

"Smoke"...a crybaby?! He makes the "go fast...turn left" entertaining. :laugh:

Your boyfriend Johnson cant compete on a road course either... :flame:

Smoke?? What a pathetic nickname. I think Tony is a great driver...a fat little whiney driver..but a good one. And have you ever talked to the guy? I have and he is a dork who thinks he is god. Is smoke in the chase? Just checking because Jimmy is! Tony has a hard time keeping up with Gordon on a roadcaurse so he must not be that great! I realize that NASCAR still uses some old technology, but does anything you haters ever drive make 800-900HP and go 200MPH around a turn? You try it for 500 laps and then say it isn't a sport. You couldn't and you know it! By the way, I like all racing INDY, Formula1, Rally, Motorcross, Drag racing, etc...

:flame:

LMAO...

Your basing the comparison between Smoke and Jenny Johnson on this season? How many championships has Jenny have compared to Smoke?

Dude.....even the chicks found a better driver to back in Kahne....

Oh, and Tony's weight adds grip in the corners!

:phone: ....Gotta go...thats the Smoke Hotline...

;)

Do all the driver's have stage names now?

I expect that at some point the Wheeler family will bulk up a little and get into the ring, i mean, track?

hulk-hogan-interview-20050701022156947.jpg

Scrappy said:
I am rooting that America wakes up and relizes that the WWF now has a motorcar sport.

:looser:
WWF = World Wildlife Foundation...

They got sued and changed the name to WWE..Sheesh get your information straight :D

Oh, I just realized, since NASCAR has put up those huge catch fences at all the tracks, they already have a built in "cage match" venue. This just keeps getting better......

Defend NASCAR if that's what you like - I haven't found much of interest in it for some time now - but can you please stop talking Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge?

This is what it looked like when they drove actual manufacturers' cars...
73petpea.jpg

You can see that there is a difference between these two vehicles, unlike todays NASCAR. Then as now, the team makes a difference, the driver makes a difference, but calling a custom tube chassis filled with specialty formula components 'Dodge' or 'Ford' or 'Chevy' is a joke.

CRASH said:
Oh, I just realized, since NASCAR has put up those huge catch fences at all the tracks, they already have a built in "cage match" venue. This just keeps getting better......

Now they just need a new Dale Sr. to be wreckless enough to put that catchfence to good use.

I'd like to see Mark Martin win it. But, after last weekend- it looks like a long shot. It would have been nice to see him retire on top... He's still a great driver though.

Back