• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Napier Flairs installed....

Will these flares work with an ARB Safari Snorkel and also my fenders are already cut and rolled(rear) and cut in the front. Give me some honest advice.

Front cut
P1020293.jpg

Rear cut and fold/rolled
P1020287.jpg

They are gonna be really tight to your snorkel but look as though they will fit.
PS the guys up top talking about how the OP's tire got smaller are morons, he had to trim more of the rear to accommodate the fender flare. The tire didnt get smaller, the hole for the tire got bigger durr

Will these flares work with an ARB Safari Snorkel and also my fenders are already cut and rolled(rear) and cut in the front. Give me some honest advice...
P1020293.jpg

Hey xjtrailrider, nice looking XJ. The trim around the wheel wells really sets it off.
The Napier Precision front fender flares have been slightly redesigned and now sit higher than the first version that zr2toxj has. On your XJ, the front fender flare will probably hit the snorkel unless the flare is slightly modified and mounted lower. Wouldn't be hard for you to do but it would take a little extra effort. Looks like there is plenty of sheet metal to mount the front & rear fender flares so you're good there. The picture below shows the new front fender flare. It comes almost all the way to the body line.

(Click for larger picture)

zr2toxj said:
I think I have one of the original prototype sets Doug made. I've had a lot of experience beating the crap out of these and highly recommend them.
Thanks for the good word! You do have one of the original sets. I remember back awhile when you posted that video. You can actually hear the tires rubbing the fender flares at full stuff. Nice work, thanks!

Last edited:
Stupid question maybe...but...would it be possible to ship those flares to Germany? :roll:

They look a lot better than the Bushwackers an would even be cheaper!

Over here we pay like 650 $ for a set of Bushwackers!

Does anyone kow if someone has installed these with a Safari Snorkle? The Safari Snorkle sits a little lower and covers the mold line on the fender.

Stupid question maybe...but...would it be possible to ship those flares to Germany? :roll:

They look a lot better than the Bushwackers an would even be cheaper!

Over here we pay like 650 $ for a set of Bushwackers!

Sure we can ship to Germany and you'll save quite a bit while still getting a better fender flare! You have a PM in your in box.
Doug

I'm undecided on going with these or BW flatties (In the future, I don't have adequate funds at the moment). I know these will give me more clearance to run bigger tires in the future but I'm worried that they'll make my 32's look tiny and lame. I plan to run 33s for a few years after my 32s wear out. Opinions?

Here's a decent side shot of my Jeep: (Crappy flex in the pic due to attached sway-bar)

1000646m.jpg

Hey xjtrailrider, nice looking XJ. The trim around the wheel wells really sets it off.
The Napier Precision front fender flares have been slightly redesigned and now sit higher than the first version that zr2toxj has. On your XJ, the front fender flare will probably hit the snorkel unless the flare is slightly modified and mounted lower. Wouldn't be hard for you to do but it would take a little extra effort. Looks like there is plenty of sheet metal to mount the front & rear fender flares so you're good there. The picture below shows the new front fender flare. It comes almost all the way to the body line.

Could I notch out the flare to fit snug up against the snorkel? I'm using all of fender wells as it is and do not want to loose any up-travel in the front. The rear is bumpstopped a good bit so no worries there.

just in case you are wondering... i put my spare which is an older Goodyear mtr on the rear because that tire did not mount correctly... i have all 4 MTRs on now.. they are all 35x12.50 tires... that rear one is just my spare in the later pictures.....

They are gonna be really tight to your snorkel but look as though they will fit.
PS the guys up top talking about how the OP's tire got smaller are morons, he had to trim more of the rear to accommodate the fender flare. The tire didnt get smaller, the hole for the tire got bigger durr

I guess when he trimmed the fender he changed the tread pattern and painted the letters white.

You should probably get the facts straight before you start calling people names.

Could I notch out the flare to fit snug up against the snorkel? I'm using all of fender wells as it is and do not want to loose any up-travel in the front. The rear is bumpstopped a good bit so no worries there.
You could notch the fender flare. The edge trim would help smooth out any variables where the flare & snorkel meet. I don't think it would be much but without actually fitting the two it's hard to judge based only on the picture.
PM sent.

You could notch the fender flare. The edge trim would help smooth out any variables where the flare & snorkel meet. I don't think it would be much but without actually fitting the two it's hard to judge based only on the picture.
PM sent.

Thanks Doug, sent you a PM back!

I can also attest to the strength of the flares. My fronts have outlived a set of fenders from leaning against trees and rocks.
297120_2237087881806_1086240371_32112114_1640843365_n.jpg

Unfortunatley I cant seem to find any pics with the rears on, they got taken off when I trimmed up higher, and the fronts will be coming off soon to make way for tube

Can these flares be painted successfully with Krylon Fusion?
Absolutely. Krylon Fusion is designed for plastics and has good instructions on the can. There are also general painting guidelines included with the Installation Guide that comes with the fender flares. Biggest issues are thoroughly cleaning the surface of the plastic to remove oily residue, scotch brite the surface to promote adhesion, then clean again. Dry compressed air works best to remove dust from the plastic since it can build up static real quick.
Doug

Nice Flairs,
What tire size do these Flairs allow to be fit onto an "UNLIFTED STOCK" 2001 XJ?

I think my next project is going to be a Low CG rig!

Nice Flairs,
What tire size do these Flairs allow to be fit onto an "UNLIFTED STOCK" 2001 XJ?

I think my next project is going to be a Low CG rig!

No easy answer to this question. In a low cg application up travel will be the limiting factor. The best answer I can give is that these fender flares will increase the vertical opening size by a couple inches. Other variables like tire width, wheel backspacing, actual suspension travel, and bump stops will also come into play.
hth, Doug

Back