• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nacfest

I had a business trip get delayed, so this weekend may be getting freed up. The house remodeling has ground to a halt waiting for concrete overlay to stop cracking, and for the manufacturer to fix their issue.

Doubt if I'll camp, since it's unlikely there are any tent spaces left. The hotels in the area are pricey, but I may bite the bullet, and stay at the Hampton, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Any chance someone has an extra seat for Saturday?

David Bricker / SYR

I'll be up Thursday night or Friday morning. My wife Joanna will be joining me. Will probably stay at the comfort inn.

Where's meetup central going to be at Twin Grove / who can i call when we arrive?

Made registration in under the wire just now. So, I'm definitely coming. Will be arriving Friday evening, heading out whenever Sunday. Yurt site YT2.

By the way, I just made my reservation at Pine Grove 20 minutes ago. There's at least one Yurt and several tents sites still available, in section 2, 100 yards from the showers at the top of the hill. The Yurt is $5 a day more than the tent site. For that, I can leave the tent at home, and not bring home 50 pounds of cicadas.

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new folks.

David Bricker / SYR

Finally found a sitter for my daughter. Maribeth will be joining me for the first time.

Great, looking forward to wheeling with you again.

I'll be up Thursday night or Friday morning. My wife Joanna will be joining me. Will probably stay at the comfort inn.

Where's meetup central going to be at Twin Grove / who can i call when we arrive?

I believe meetup central is going to be Rich's cabin at Twin Grove, which I believe is Q32. Its on the main area of the campground on the left side in the back corner. Its a great little "semi-private" spot along the stream. There is a map on the website that is helpful in navigating your way around in the CG too.

The BBQ/Raffle on Saturday will be in one of the pavilions. Details for that are in the NAC-Fest forum. I am sure Jordan and/or Rich can PM you with their phone numbers too if you want to send them a message.

Made registration in under the wire just now. So, I'm definitely coming. Will be arriving Friday evening, heading out whenever Sunday. Yurt site YT2.

By the way, I just made my reservation at Pine Grove 20 minutes ago. There's at least one Yurt and several tents sites still available, in section 2, 100 yards from the showers at the top of the hill. The Yurt is $5 a day more than the tent site. For that, I can leave the tent at home, and not bring home 50 pounds of cicadas.

Look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new folks.

David Bricker / SYR

So is there actually a Yurt on the site? I was looking at those but couldn't find any info

Never mind - I called them. Comfort Inn is SOLD OUT by the way.

Convinced the wife, and reserved Yurt YT1 at Twin Grove. Looks like we'll be neighbors

So is there actually a Yurt on the site? I was looking at those but couldn't find any info

I looked throughout the whole site, and it appears there are only two yurts on property, next to each other. They are at the top of the hill, in area 2, next to the showers. But there shouldn't be much traffic to/from the showers past the yurts since there are only a few tent sites past the yurts.

As of yesterday, both were available, and one is still available as of today. $5 premium for a yurt with electric over a tent sounds like a plan to me.

David Bricker / SYR

Never mind - I called them. Comfort Inn is SOLD OUT by the way.

Convinced the wife, and reserved Yurt YT1 at Twin Grove. Looks like we'll be neighbors

Sounds good. I don't snore. Much.

David Bricker / SYR

sweeeeeet. NAC takeover complete

I believe meetup central is going to be Rich's cabin at Twin Grove, which I believe is Q32. Its on the main area of the campground on the left side in the back corner. Its a great little "semi-private" spot along the stream. There is a map on the website that is helpful in navigating your way around in the CG too.

Just looked at the map - that's up where Tim and Bob were staying back in '14 when I won "Most Trashed" - I recall rinsing one of my straps in the outside basin up there.

Rich must have been dealing with the "Director of Deeply Embedded Sites" to get that site - was his name Wayne D. Back? :looney:

Just an FYI: tent sites at twingrove can be split with 2 tents per site if that's what some are looking for last minute. We as a club can no longer make the reservation for group sites, but if you can hook up with someone here on the forum who's willing to split their site and the cost, there is still chance to slip in to the campground for the duration of the event.
Rich

Back