• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACfest 2010

As long as I can re-gear and finish building up my Jeep I think I can make it. What's the camping like, is it on site?
We go to a site called Twin Grove and it's sweet. It's clean the batrooms are heated and the are jeep friendly they let us wrench on our rigs. Here's a link to the place http://www.twingroveparkcampground.com/

I plan on being there, with 5 months notice I can't have much of a "the rig isn't ready" excuse. My only problem may be work.

I have a few choices for sleeping I guess. I will be pulling a trailer down (or pulling the Jeep down on a trailer) so either way I can pass out in the back of whatever I drive. If that isn't an option for some reason I have a tent, or I can just sleep under the Jeep with a tarp. I think it would end up being a "pass out under the Jeep" night unless I bring a lady friend. Then I may deal with the trouble of setting up a tent. I just have to be sure no one wakes me up too fast so I dont knock myself out on something by sitting up too quick :laugh:

We go to a site called Twin Grove and it's sweet. It's clean the batrooms are heated and the are jeep friendly they let us wrench on our rigs. Here's a link to the place http://www.twingroveparkcampground.com/

last time i was there in 07 they tacked on some "fees" once we arrived and my buddy had to complain about it then they took em' off. and im not a fan of the tent site location. its about 40 feet from the road and all i heard was trucks compression braking all friggin night.

BUT

i know you guys went there last year and things musta worked out.

i have been to camp-a-while one exit north and we didn't have any problems doing an engine swap at our site

last time i was there in 07 they tacked on some "fees" once we arrived and my buddy had to complain about it then they took em' off. and im not a fan of the tent site location. its about 40 feet from the road and all i heard was trucks compression braking all friggin night.

BUT

i know you guys went there last year and things musta worked out.

i have been to camp-a-while one exit north and we didn't have any problems doing an engine swap at our site

our tent sites were no where near the road

i have never broken at rc and not been able to make it home.

however i have broken 100-200 miles from rc and made it home a couple hours before work

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

You do nice work

i threw that rear axle under my jeep 12 hours before the competion with a questionable bearing/seal setup that the previous owner had the axle set up with. i couldnt get the correct parts in time, so i ran it using the old dryrotted outer seal in the retainer plate cup and an inner seal and packed it with wheel burrin grease.

the other side was even more ghetto using a "custom" retainer plate and no outer seal. i figured it would get me through the weekend and the more ghetto side did the trick.

i later found out that the outers on this axle are the same as an xj dana44 so now i just run parts for that

its a semifloat dana 60-2 out of a 1974 international incase anyone is wondering

weird. but good to know.

so... i'm gonna throw this out there right now. there's no way in hell my jeep is going to be ready for this... but i'm still gonna try.

I'll have my green jeep running, but no way is my red one going to be ready... Might be skipping this year.

YEAH NAC FEST!!!!

This will be my first time at rausch. Poppin my cherry

my boss is the man, just took care of my days off im getting really pumped for this trip :guitar::guitar:

I'm bored out of my mind at work right now... I can't WAIT for June to get here...

Back