• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACfest 2010

its about a 5 hour drive for me if everything goes perfect. one gas stop no traffic.

my worst time ever was when there was an accident on the tappanzee bridge and i sat in new york for 5 hours.

that was an 11 hour trip

didnt help that my gas tank held 9 gallons either

Are we allowed to start a thread taking bets on who won't make it?

$20 Mark doesn't show up because his steering has .00002" of play and he doesn't like it
$10 Anthony asks me to bring something and then doesn't show up
$50 Ross doesn't wake up in time

:D
well, i guess it's good that there's only 10 bucks on me... that means he's less confident that i'll bitch out. again.

$20 Mark doesn't show up because his steering has .00002" of play and he doesn't like it

$20 says Colin can go f*ck himself, and is going to be a little whiny bastard, and prance around "oh NACfest this, NACfest that, I don't have to do anything for NACfest because I can trailer down, and my Jeep magically works because I didn't work on it..."

And I'm 90% sure I'm not going because of work/time off. I have other commitments, and can't take the last 3 weeks off of my co-op.
So I believe you owe me $20 now since you said I wouldn't be going do to steering. I'll take the other $20 in a couple months when you start prancing.

$20 says Colin can go f*ck himself, and is going to be a little whiny bastard, and prance around "oh NACfest this, NACfest that, I don't have to do anything for NACfest because I can trailer down, and my Jeep magically works because I didn't work on it..."

Sooo... call it even, guys? :D

Sure wish this wasn't so close to the Crawl. I really would like to wheel Rausch Creek some day.

its about a 5 hour drive for me if everything goes perfect. one gas stop no traffic.

my worst time ever was when there was an accident on the tappanzee bridge and i sat in new york for 5 hours.

thats why i never go through nyc to get there, back on o6 we hit traffic both ways in nyc, the past years have been I-91 to I-84 to I-81 takes me 7 hrs from nh with a stop for gas and food

Since i have the high amount, does that mean im the most likely to drop the ball? Damnit. Waking up in time would be the least of my problems. what time did you leave at last year colin?

4:30 am

Plus plenty of people trailer their "streetable" rigs down (I'll be one of them.) so just hop in a convoy with one of them, and if something happens people are always willing to help and you can grab space on the trailer and the "streetable" jeep that was on the trailer can be driven for however long is necessary... makes for fun times, just ask Colin and Adam :D
Dang, now I need a new excuse.:laugh3: I want to go but it's mainly me worrying about my rig going down and coming back and the time off from work. Work is the big killer here.

Don't worry about work. Just tell them now, put in for that time off...

Yeah, work is the killer for me too. If it were 2 weeks later I would be set but late in Q2 will be hard. Then again later Q3 should be even worse so at least it's not then (when is fall crawl? Hopefully not then...)

I am starting to consider selling my altima and buying a truck/trailer to use as a tow rig. Either that or I will let my father borrow my car for the weekend. My mother will borrow my fathers small SUV, and I will borrow my mother's suburban to tow with. And just buy or borrow a trailer before then. I am slowly becoming more and more inclined to trailer mine in.

As much as my rig will remain registered and "street legal", I think I may tow it to events like this just so I can beat on it a bit more than I would if I had to get me home. But yeah, will be street legal incase there's a drive to a restaurant/bar some evening :thumbup: :laugh:

Fall Crawl is usually the first or second week in September

Fall Crawl is usually the first or second week in September
God damn people. Way to plan at the worst times of the year! :laugh: "lets make all the big runs be right at the end of each quarter" seems to be the theme.

I should be able to get time off then if time off is even needed. Otherwise if it's more local than PA I may just be able to leave from work early or "work from home"... aka stop by each rest stop over the course of the drive and respond to emaisl :D

Maybe you shouldn't have such a gay techy job? :dunno:

;)

thats why i never go through nyc to get there, back on o6 we hit traffic both ways in nyc, the past years have been I-91 to I-84 to I-81 takes me 7 hrs from nh with a stop for gas and food

the tappanzee is on 287

far from the city

traffic is usually flowing through there pretty good.

i have taken 84 the last couple times and its about 20 minutes longer, but a much nicer drive.

my D30 will deffiently NOT live thru nacfest.

There's a reason I am planning on picking up a 2nd and or 3rd D30 from teh JY.. so I have multiple sets of axle shafts and ball joints/hubs/etc incase I nuke something.

Also the reason why I am thinking about trailering the rig down. If I have a trailer I will have a heavy right foot. If I don't I will be overly careful and s*** wont be nearly as fun :D

Edit: I also plan on picking up a 2nd AX-15 and a 2nd NP231 by then, both of which will be with me. Either I will be pulling a trailer packed full of parts and stuff if I drive the XJ, or I will be trailering the XJ and packing the suburban full of parts. Either way I got a ton of space so anyone who needs stuff moved let me know. I should have room.

Back