• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my traction bar/skid setup

Those bends are there on purpose, it helps the bar clear the floor pan on full compression. The bends have not increased at all in two years, it is quite stable.

The top tube is 1.25" x .120" 4130 Chromoly. The bottom tube is solid 4130 bar stock.

edit: I've gotten pretty good at weldeing to cast, so that should not be a problem. However, to further stiffen things, the new diff cover for the axle will incorporate a mount for the truss as well.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Those bends are there on purpose, it helps the bar clear the floor pan on full compression. The bends have not increased at all in two years, it is quite stable.

oh, opps, sorry about that. :). I've just seen so many pictures of people that bend their bars and reuse them with an extra brace.

That's a good idea though, it's got nice sleek curves too. I cut my floor out of the way to make things as hard as possible for me. A few bends would've made things much easier. _nicko_

Back