• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My FitchBox (tm)

Not a Fitchbox but the same parts. I ran all mine up on the firewall so all I need to do is attach the last wire to the relay when I add something. Plus it is easy to dianose or fix if anything fails on the trail, I can swap a light realy for a locker if needed.

DSC03844.jpg

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03846.jpg

Q. for the smrt people!

How are you getting power to your switches using the Cat5 cable? Are you using a wire from the fuse panel?

If you are using one wire from the fuse panel, are you jumping it so that that individual wire will power six switches at your panel? The power is supposed to come from a switched source when you look up relay wiring however I am sure a hot source is fine too.

What am I missing here? I'm assuming you are grounding all the switches out at one source as well?

A single wire provides power, then just jumper it over to the next switch, to the next, etc. For me, the first switch is a Master switch for the rest, so the output of this actually goes to the input of the second switch and is jumpered from there. Prevents passengers from getting smart with the lights. :)

My box failed completely, not water proof enough. That and i should not have placed it so close to the hood vents. I am going to see if I can find a project box that seals a bit better and do a rebuild.

^ good luck with the water proofing. I just mounted mine on top of the fuse box under the hood and try not to sink the XJ.

this thread is absolutely priceless. thanks a bunch for all the posts. I will be doing this in the near furture.

For a water proof solution, look at pelican boxes. I used one of those to make my trail camera. That plus some silicone worked out well in any weather.

Thanks again!

Where is a good place online to buy the terminal ends fuseblocks relays etc? Thanks!

My attempt at a fitch box didn't make it passed the planning stage. I will plan better after I add more accessories.
Jeep142.jpg

Jeep147.jpg

Factory switches for piaa's and fan control ARB's for the lockers and compressor.
Jeep144.jpg

Jeep146.jpg

I am getting alot of good ideas for a new relay, distribution box. Thanx to all contributers.

DAYUM!
You need to clean that area up man. Ditch the AC-Delco, get some military connectors and clean up that clutter!
If you need help, PM me.

I would if it didn't work so damn good. Not really clutter. In fact it's very clean. When I add the additional lights I probaly change it up.

Post up some pics the way it's supposed to look.
spot-l.gif

I would if it didn't work so damn good. Not really clutter. In fact it's very clean. When I add the additional lights I probaly change it up.

Post up some pics the way it's supposed to look.
spot-l.gif

cablinst.jpg

Of course with terminal boots or caps. 5-90 uses brass marine style but also enjoys military terminals. Only problem is that there is no military brass terminals on the market right now.
For more info on the cables please see my sig.

You sure thats how its supposed to look? I thought it was like this?
IMG_0018.jpg

Did those myself but used 5-90s measurments. It was free for me to do since we have cabling at work 5-90s prices are awsome, if I didn't get it free i would have gotten them from him.

And before the pic Nazi's jump in here I do have a hold down now ;)

Here is mine. I use negative triggers on my relays so the cat5 cable only coonects the ground side of the relay coil when I flip one of the switches inside on my dash...
relaybox035.jpg

Here is mine. I use negative triggers on my relays so the cat5 cable only coonects the ground side of the relay coil when I flip one of the switches inside on my dash...
relaybox035.jpg

Looks Great, nice neat job! But you may want to check for a short between the 5th and 6th output terminal. Those are scary close together.

No so much a short, but that terminal is going to be getting the same power that terminal 4 is getting. I took a dremel and filed down those little grooves for boards before I put in my terminals.

Back