• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My First Jeep, How did I Do?

Looks pretty hacked up to me also. I don't know much about rear spring conversions but do the normally bolt the lower arms to the old spring locations?

maybe burnsvilleoffroad worked on it at some point, but i very much doubt they built that. are the rear lower link mounts just bolted to the stock leaf spring mount? the front upper arms need to be changed. whats going on with the rear upper links? how do they mount on both ends?

depending on what you paid, its an ok start. it kinda seems like someone sweet talked you into buying it. have you verified the lockers in either axle?

ab685ea790040836c121db49eaa1b745.jpg

Set up an account at photobucket.com. You can post image links in your posts that will display your pictures in the post.

maybe burnsvilleoffroad worked on it at some point, but i very much doubt they built that. are the rear lower link mounts just bolted to the stock leaf spring mount? the front upper arms need to be changed. whats going on with the rear upper links? how do they mount on both ends?

depending on what you paid, its an ok start. it kinda seems like someone sweet talked you into buying it. have you verified the lockers in either axle?

It does have lockers, I haven't opened it up or anything but playing around in the snow i can feel them lock and unlock.

I'm wondering if the rear axle and hole rear setup is off something else, maybe a Grand Cherokee or a Wrangler or something. It does seam to be a dana 35 with drum breaks but the suspension doesn't seem all that custom. what the rear links mount to is not the stock leaf spring mount, it mite be in the same place, it mite even be the same size but its defiantly welded on after the fact. The upper links are welded in a similar way. Is the rear sway bar normally mounted on the axle and then links to the chassis or the other way around? Mine is mounted to the axle.

Here's some photobucket pictures, lets see if this works:

IMG_20130311_210935_zps671f7918.jpg

IMG_20130311_210918_zps0b1ddd31.jpg

IMG_20130304_130655_zps096e1d72.jpg

IMG_20130304_130646_zpsa3c68b0c.jpg

Last edited:
It does have lockers, I haven't opened it up or anything but playing around in the snow i can feel them lock and unlock.

Here's some photobucket pictures,
IMG_20130304_130646_zpsa3c68b0c.jpg

You got it. Just remember, if you delete it from photobucket.com, it also deletes here.

Welcome to NAXJA. Now that you have the XJ, what every you do with your own 2 hands, you will be learning and saving money.and remember. The dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

Back