• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first earthquake!

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I was sleeping since I'm sick as hell, and the bed was moving like my dog was on there panting. I woke up expecting to kick her out and she wasn't there, but the bed was still moving. So weird, but cool at the same time. Who else felt it ?

They are interesting when they happen, not common here much, was out at a relatives house in Reseda Calif in 70 when that big one hit, rolled me out of the sofa couch and emptied the in-ground pool they have, actually most of the pools in the neighborhood, could not stay on my feet. Had a heck of time getting out of the house with the floor moving like that.

5.5s are pretty light duty. We see those out here in SoCal regularly. Evidently I slept through one just a couple of days ago.

The quake type makes a difference as much as the value on the Richter scale.

This will be the third earthquake I should have felt, but didn't.

I was in a meeting in san diego when a 4.5 hit. I didn't even feel it. 10 minutes later one of my coworkers was like; 'did you feel that earthquake'? I'm like, huh?

I had one wake me up at 5 am. My brother even woke up for that. The dog did not like it one bit. Hopped out of bed and popped on the news to see what happened. It was pretty far away but enough to wake me up.

I hate to mention this, but I will, has anyone noticed the increased number of earthquakes all over the world?

2012?

Back