• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My experience with RwkHausSupply

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS, IF you were like to EXCHANGE the inner axles you received, and they are new never installed, I will let you at a no restocking fee. Total credit will be *pricing removed* and the YUKON marked inners will be *pricing removed*, plus about *pricing removed* in shipping.
http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=7750
http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=7751

So total would be *pricing removed* to your door. And to REALLY GO OUT OF MY WAY, I will let you KEEP the ones you have now. That's taking *pricing removed* off your order and you get to keep *pricing removed* in axles!

So, keep the new parts, get a full refund on them, and a discount on a different brand? [sarcasm] Talk about lousy service.... [/sarcasm]

edit- it does suck that you asked and paid for Yukon, but got something else; however, if the end result is that you didn't pay for them, it's hard to complain about that.

Last edited:
So, keep the new parts, get a full refund on them, and a discount on a different brand? [sarcasm] Talk about lousy service.... [/sarcasm]

edit- it does suck that you asked and paid for Yukon, but got something else; however, if the end result is that you didn't pay for them, it's hard to complain about that.

Ok so if you paid 5,000 for a new 2011 chevy and got a 1995 chevy you can't be mad because you didn't pay the "new chevy" price. How the he'll does that work? Either way Robert has been a great vendor and lots of members buy parts from him. The pics posted do look like poor machining. Will the shafts break maybe... Maybe not. But u joints possibly ball joints will need to be replaced if they do. Buying new shafts is done for the possibility that the buyer might not have to go through this which is the reason for upgrading to the better ones. Lots of of go through a lot dialing in our piñon angles on our axles. Also we get our driveshafts balanced. This is done for 2 reasons. To reduce the risk of premature u joint failure and to reduce vibrations. An axle shaft is no different. Being off center will cause vibes and possibly wear the ujoint out faster. Maybe it's not as crucial on the front axle but I wouldn't want the possibility. Especially when I'm doing an upgrade no matter what price I pay. Robert this is not your fault. You're the guy behind the counter. but if you are going to stand behind a company then they can at least have your
back and send you a part that is correct to sell to YOUR customers. If your customers are complaining ( 2 in this thread) then you should be on the manufactures ass over it. Make them pay the restocking fee. and take back the bad parts and send you proper parts to market. why should you get the grief for them screwing up? Hope this goes well.

If it was clearly defective then I would tell him to ship em back. And it's always an option to ship them back for evaluation, but they were not machined in such a way that I thought it would benifitial.

If the ears are forged to large (slightly) towards one side but the ujoint holes are machined true and symmetrical, them what's All the hoopla about.

Something very unsubstantial and trivial sure has alot of panties in a bunch.

It they are defective return em for replacements.

I have seen spicers, nitros, ten factory, etc, ears a bit thicker on one side, but have never had a shaft from my Yukon/usa standard supplier fail, ever! I have had to try and get nitro to replace a few and was a hassle. So I sell usa standard and Yukon so my customer can install without worry or concern, either with the product or then warranty.

I have sold here for over 2 yrs and this is the first customer with any issue that I can't satisfy beyond happy. There was assumption and someone playing mechanical engineer, not willing to accept a deal beyond belief for quality products, from a vendor that took care of him over and beyond the norm.

But his desire to get more them he paid for and not accepting something he didn't want to hear, lead to this. Even going and offering free product, and another deal beyond what ANYONE would give him on different product, was not good enough.

I understand u cant please everyone and its not good for my self value. But it is what it is and I can only move on.

they were not machined in such a way that I thought it would benifitial.

Why is this about what you think? Why don't you find out what the specs are from the manufacturer and verify they are within manufacturers specs. He didn't pay for your specs he payed for Yukon/USA standard specs. It's pretty clear they're not symmetrical don't you want to make sure your customer is getting a quality product instead of assuming.

RwkHausSupply giving the shaft

Robert,

I have purchased from you in the past. No issues. However, the way you have handled this transaction is wrong. It leads me to believe if I need customer service on any of my previous purchases from you, I may be screwed.

You clearly stated in email to the OP that he would received Yukon shafts, but you shipped him inferior, USA Standard. Now, the problem is the customers? "It is what it is"? You say he received his purchase 3 days before anyone else would. That's great, but the crap you sent has manufacturing defects. He won't be using them. Your price is the best until it is realized that you send Q/A rejects. Your prices are good, too good? Now you want to sue him?

As a vender, the first thing I would have done is asked for the shafts in question back (you don't even want them back). I would be having a discussion with the manufacturer to determine if this was acceptable and what issues could develop by using these shafts. I would be sharing all of this with the purchaser and let him know I am handling the problem. Allot of Venders have become middle men that only pass the buck.

Last edited:
lock? I am seeing how long before this is removed. It has been reported. And FYI, I only mentioned FULL yukon kit when the sale was on. After the sale I knocked hundred off and told him it was only a full 4340 chromoly kit. And in the invoice it clearly states 4340 only, NO brand name like all the other items on teh invoice. For a 400-600$ discount I gave him a comparable part, with same warranty and same manufacture.

Doesn't this make it hard to warranty products? How do you know what they send you is really what's on the invoice?
Thanks,
Billy

Re: RwkHausSupply giving the shaft

You clearly stated in email to the OP that he would received Yukon shafts, but you shipped him inferior, USA Standard. ...

I believe Robert on that part number thing. I have seen the same thing, several times, with Yukon gears that are re-boxed versions of something cheaper. I have always heard that they do something to make them better than that cheaper brand after the receive them, but that they all come from the same stock. I don't know how true that is... I was suspicious too when it happened to me, but now I've heard it enough times, I believe it. (That doesn't mean that I don't avoid Yukon for this same reason though ;))
Billy

So you sold them to a forum USER not MEMBER with 0 posts for super cheap in return for the USER to tell every one how great you are? What?! 1) he hasn't said crap yet (until he was unhappy with your service) 2) if he had said something giving you praise, who would had listened not know who this dude was and if he had any idea what he was talking about. I mean when I got my jeep I thought Rustys was sweet until I killed a track bar in the middle of a trail and a tie rod driving down the road and was told by rusty that he wouldn't cover it. 3) I broke my Yukon stub on my 44 before my hub broke. Weak

Some people will pay the extra for peace of mind that IF they have a issue they know it will be easily resolved. I like knowing if I don't like the service I was provided with for any reason that the company will do everything they can to make sure I'm satisfied

Some people will pay the extra for peace of mind that IF they have a issue they know it will be easily resolved. I like knowing if I don't like the service I was provided with for any reason that the company will do everything they can to make sure I'm satisfied

Thats funny. Since I also buy from randy's just on the wholesale side. And I did call my tech guy there and I told my customer exactly what they told me. He can waste his time and postage, returning axles that are not defective. That just because there is more material then what is needed on one side and only Very slight at that, doesnt mean its defective. More so, it is likely stronger.

AGAIN...

I HAVE HUNDREDS OF THESE AXLES OUT BEING ABUSED BY TJ'S, XJ'S, YJ'S, ZJ'S, ETC.

NOT ONE FAILURE TO DATE! IN OVER 30 MONTHS.

Gotta love the intardnet... SO much good tech out there in forums and threads like this... :banghead:

I broke one (didn't buy from you but it was still a Yukon) in Harlan at the last Cherokee crawl. They are not as great as what you are makin them out to be. Wether your customer was right or wrong you should have done what he wanted even if it was a waste of his time and some of yours to make him happy. You don't seem to care if your companies integrity is effected by unhappy customers which kinda scares me from dealing with you. You can make fun of this thread if you want but you have done little to turn this around. Please don take this as me bashing you or your company just think of it as constructive criticism. Thanks for your support of our club and our forum users and members.

That just because there is more material then what is needed on one side and only Very slight at that, doesnt mean its defective. More so, it is likely stronger.

Were the axles that were originally designed and tested by the company done so with a little bit of extra material on one side?

HE ORIGINALLY ASKED FOR A SPECIAL I WAS RUNNING, WEEKS AFTER IT WAS OVER.

Then after I found that the special he asked about could not be offered due to parts no longer being available, I offered him a alternate package with a different locker (yukon zip) and 30 spline chromoly axles (no brand given but on the invoice it clearly stated 4340 chromoly axles with spicer ujoints) and he got the invoice and reviewed it before paying.

So if you want to say that he assumed and that I assumed and we both assumed wrong, me for assuming that he would see that they are no longer Yukon in the NEW Package I offered, or him for assuming that the new package came with the same axles, and we both are partially to blame, then I will gladely say I agree.

But he got EXACTLY what was on the invoice he paid!

THEN I OFFERED FOR HIM TO KEEP THOSE FOR FREE AND CREDIT THAT COST AND I WOULD TAKE 100$ OFF A SET OF YUKON BOXED INNERS, IF HE HAD TO HAVE THE YUKON BOXED SET! TO GO OVER AND BEYOND IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. FIND ONE OTHER COMPANY THAT WOULD DO THAT!

It just goes to show that you cant satify all the people all the time and that some (more then even this one customer evidently, from reading what some here have to say) cant be satisfied no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back