• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My campaign speech

Kejtar said:
Oh come on. I thought you'd remember! BOXERS!!!!!!!! :D

:laugh2:

rpraterxj said:
He was thinking THONGS...... :eek:

Everyone knows that the only time he wears thongs is with assless chaps.

He is not that fashion inept. :D

Last edited:
rpraterxj said:
He was thinking THONGS...... :eek:

He must have gotten confused while on vacation..... could not tell the difference from the women and men "over there"....
thong is for warm weather.... now that cooler weather is coming in ;)

Howdy everyone. A quick summary note as I will be out traveling/wheeling Thursday through Sunday and even though I will have my laptop with me, I don't think I'll be checking the forums too much (ok... maybe I will, depends on reception and time and battery charge).

So here comes the summary note:
I believe that NAXJA is for all users: big small, stockers, modified rigs, jeepspeeders, rock crawlers, families, single folks, young and old. I helped my dad build an expedition rig that will allow him to go off pavement to places most folks can't get to (and maybe even do some mild wheeling) and still stay streetable. Personally, while I enjoy rock crawling (usually with a destination and purpose in mind) I am all for a road worthy rig. I am somehow morally opposed to the idea of building a rig that will have to be a trailer queen: I think that an XJ should be capable of getting to the trail and making it back (yeah trailering it to distant event would be nice as stuff happens, but I think it should be a convenience rather then a necessity). Also to prove my belief in an all around rig, I have to mention that tomorrow I will be taking my brother in law (he's visiting from Poland for a tribology conference) to AZ where I will do a mix of sight seeing, backpacking, exploring and wheeling :D

I attend at least 3 or 4 sizeable events each year and I am proud to call quite a few of you really good friends. Why is that important? NAXJA has made it possible for me to run into you and hang out with you: whether that is at a M&G, wheeling trip, around a campfire or wrenching (my place or someone elses place). I always have an open spot around my campfire no matter what rig you drive, where were you born what your political religious beliefs are and even if you're a Mac user you're still welcome :D Where does that take me? I want NAXJA SoCal chapter to remain a place where folks can hang out and have fun and enjoy themselves. I have nothing against non XJ'ers or even non Jeepers (heck we need those so that we can make fun of them :D ) and I"ll raise a glass (of poison of my choosing against a poison of your choosing ;) ) at a campfire or a table or in a driveway (poison content will vary based on circumstances as well) with pretty much anyone. To me the great and most important aspect of NAXJA and I think especially SoCal chapter is the people that are part of it. Call me a snob, but I think that as an organization we are one of the more friendly and helpful organizations out there. But then the helpfullness and friendliness factor makes us (and me) not snobs :D

What do I want to achieve in my next term? I want to keep the chapter growing and I want to make folks want to remain members (or signing up as new ones) instead of harping on them to sign up. I also want to educate the non off roading masses about how harmless we are and that we are good people. I want us to be more visible as a group and I would like to see if we can start trying to submit a series of articles or something to some sort of a mag or rag to gain recognition that will be good for us and offroading in general. I also want to increase even participation from the non rock crawler crowd to events that do have sight seeing/expedition/exploring segments to them (especially since almost all big official and non official event have a segment meant for all, though sadly we have not spent as much time promoting it as we always assumed that everyone knew). I also want the SoCal chapter to become even more independent, though I think we're already doing a pretty good job of that and as long as we keep doing what we're doing in that regard we should be fine for the most part ;)

What are my accomplishments? During my term as a VP I have worked on making sure (along with other BOD members) that we have a steady supply of chapter shirts and stickers, I have coordinated at least one big unoficial event a year (Calico rocks :D ) and on and off had smaller runs going. During the first year of my term, I was regularly scheduling OC and Valley M&G events till someone else picked up the ball and started to run with it (that's the idea folks: succesful chapter needs member participation and I am happy to report that during this term a lot of folks stepped up to the plate and got things moving).

What I believe this position requires? Patience and time. I believe that this position (VP) requires a fair amount of time. Of course it's nothing on the level of a 9 to 5 job, but things are not going to get done themselves. I am a rather responsible person that takes their duties and responsibiltes seriously. Even during the 6 month (or so) period where I had not participated as much in the regular forum banter (due to work and personal turmoil), I have made sure that 2 shirt (I think it was 2, or maybe it was 1... my short term memory is... short ;) ) orders went through, that both Calico and Big Bear events went out without a hitch, and then latter when asked (I know this is a national level thing, but I believe it counts) to coordinate Fall Fling 2007 last minute, even though I was short on free time, I made sure that I did whatever possible to make it a great event for those that attended.

I have wrenched with quite a few of you, and wheeled with even more of you and you know me: I believe in preparation and prevention. What does that mean? Well, you've seen my jeep: I try to cover as many bases with spare parts as possible (ok, now that I have upgraded more components in my jeep, some of those spare parts are going away :D ). Same thing holds true in life and in BOD situations. Things will not happen on their own. While I welcome and solicit and ask for as much help as possible from others, as a BOD member, I am ultimately responsible (as part of the BOD that is) that things do happen the way they are supposed to happen. So again, while I might not do everything around the chapter, and ask folks volunteer and work with the BOD, I will participate and monitor the progress of things to make sure that they happen and if need be step in and help push them along.

Oh yeah: for the most part, I am a stickler for rules. Why? Because a rule is a rule: yes I will break some (in life) but I don't bitch when I get caught with my hand in a cookie jar. I take my punishment and move on. If I don't like a rule, I work on changing that rule to be more practical and useful, and I expect folks to act the same way. I think that is fair both to the establishment (whatever we're dealing with at the moment) as well as fellow members/people/folks.

Thanks for Your vote

Remi

Last edited:
Thank you Remi.

Have fun and be safe.

Kejtar said:
ok, now that I'm back and it looks like the elections got moved ;) y'all can ask mroe pertinent questions :D

Why??

Then we'd have to read your responses!

:D :D

BTT.....

Please be sure to read about all of the candidates and cast your vote when the polls open!

Our public lands (mainly USFS and BLM administered) are currently going through major changes. Route Designations are occurring that WILL affect the areas that we recreate. What are your thoughts on this process? Have you participated at all in the process. Do you even care? Route Designation? There’s a trail there, that means I can wheel it, right? Should some of our public lands be set aside for limited/restricted use? Should some be designated as Wilderness areas? Or hell, NO! I’m locked and loaded , Let’s Wheel!

karstic said:
Our public lands (mainly USFS and BLM administered) are currently going through major changes. Route Designations are occurring that WILL affect the areas that we recreate. What are your thoughts on this process? Have you participated at all in the process. Do you even care? Route Designation? There’s a trail there, that means I can wheel it, right? Should some of our public lands be set aside for limited/restricted use? Should some be designated as Wilderness areas? Or hell, NO! I’m locked and loaded , Let’s Wheel!

I feel that wheeling comes with responisibility and that extends to all resources use (that's why I policed my brass after I went shooting @ Calico area after I was done). Does it mean that we should be able to go everywhere? Boy.. that's a loaded question because defining what is everywhere is tough. For the most part I believe that we should be able to travel on any previously established road. That does not include someone just cutting a new one out of the blue and considering it previously established. I agree that certain areas at times might require extra care/policing/restrictions, but I disagree with how it's done. Good example: Rubicon trail camping limitations and some of their proposed travel limitations. I agree that hundreds of folks descending in an area in one weekend takes toll on the environment no matter how careful they are but we have to be careful about how far and how we proceed with regulation so that we don't go overboard. That probably means need for some sort of regulation sooner rather then when its too late but I will be honest that I don't even know how to approach that or implemnt it.

What have I done? I sent emails and signed petitions. I spent time educating folks on the trail and off the trail. I try to promote the concepts of wheeling to folks that are not wheelers hoping that they will support us. On occasion I even try to make contact with greenies but twice that I tried it it kind of did not work (ok, they told me to go to hell and burn and they offered to buy extra gasoline for the fire). I try to vote smart (though now it's really tough cause honestly I can't make heads or tails out of anything the polititicians say anymore).

agreed! thanks John.

Election is only a couple of days away!

Back