• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Build-up

Yes this is the T&J cage, and Yes it is Mild steel. If it is built properly you do not need DOM.

I'm pretty sure (correct me if im wrong) that this is the same as the jeepspeed kit. and no they do not all require DOM or Chromo. I know that SCORE requires 4130 or DOM only.

DOM is mild steel also. It's the way it is made not the type of metal.

As for made right, you have to be aware of the seam location when bending HREW and it can hold up as good but most people save HREW for bumpers and use DOM for cages and structural components. There is no weight loss and you really only save a few bucks.

Almost everyone is starting to align with SCORE as far as rules.

What are the details on the black seat such as brand and what slider is that stock or aftermarket. Can you flip it over and get a pic of that for me so I an see what you did to mount it. Those are the seats I want to put in my 91XJ. Thanks

Ill try and get some pics of it for you, they are a hunsaker seat, the nicer not reclinable ones. and they are mounted on the stock jeep sliders.

DOM is mild steel also. It's the way it is made not the type of metal.

As for made right, you have to be aware of the seam location when bending HREW and it can hold up as good but most people save HREW for bumpers and use DOM for cages and structural components. There is no weight loss and you really only save a few bucks.

Almost everyone is starting to align with SCORE as far as rules.

I am aware of that.

and I bought the cage from T&J it was made of mild steel so I figured why not add the rest of the tubes out of mild instead of mixing DOM in there. thats my reasoning. It is going to be PLENTY strong.

I am aware of that.

and I bought the cage from T&J it was made of mild steel so I figured why not add the rest of the tubes out of mild instead of mixing DOM in there. thats my reasoning. It is going to be PLENTY strong.

DOM IS MILD STEEL (am I wrong?). Why do you say "mixing DOM" DOM and HREW is not like DOM and Chromo.

Am I missing something here?

DOM IS MILD STEEL (am I wrong?). Why do you say "mixing DOM" DOM and HREW is not like DOM and Chromo.

Am I missing something here?

I know DOM is mild, I didn't know the correct lingo for everyone. i meant to say HREW is that better now?:mad:

and I meant I didn't want to mix DOM with HREW. jeez.

where do the rear shock mounts go? or do you have to make a loop to tie it in?

were going to add them on later,

Here is the deal with the cage guys. this is a race quality and race proven cage. SCORE, BITD, MDR etc. all have their own specs for cages. the one thing they all have in common is the cage rules are based on vehicle size. up until last year SCORE only mandated that cages either be made out of 1.5" Chromo or 1.75" Mild steel. i know of 3 jeepspeeds that are still racing today with this cage and 1 for sure has been tested tough ( 3 roll overs at high speed)

im my jeepspeed we run mild steel and not Chromo. we have been doing so for years and dont plan on changing anything. the big difference between the 2 that i see is mild will bend and chromo will shatter and make a dagger in your vehicle in a high impact crash.

BTW NASCR does not allow chromo

I know DOM is mild, I didn't know the correct lingo for everyone. i meant to say HREW is that better now?:mad:

and I meant I didn't want to mix DOM with HREW. jeez.

were going to add them on later,

Glad you know so much you little punk. Good luck getting any help with that shitty attitude. :nosmile:

Actually Tom, YES. If someone came in here talking about their V6 4L liter people would call him on it. This kid calls HREW "mild steel" and separates it from DOM (which is ALSO mild steel) and gets an attitude when someone tries to help him. Although it appears you don't know the difference either when calling your cage kit "mild steel" then talking about Chromoly. HREW is not as safe as DOM in a cage application. Sure it will hold up (most likely) but to save a few bucks......no thanks.

You know what. Sell him all the bolt ons you have in stock. Thats the way he is headed. Good luck to both of you.

Finally done!!

Took a little while to do but it turned out really clean!

It went together awesome thanks to T&J Performance Products and their Products.
and I would also thank my dad he put in a BUNCH of time with this cage and making it look good.

we got the carpet all tucked away around the tubes, and the only thing we didn't mount is my crotch strap for my 5 points, so I only have 4 points for now.

alright well here are the pics

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

Youll hate those garagepro seats haha I have the exact ones. Crotch strap cutout is useless since you cant run one down through it, the foam makes a mess in the floor for about 6 months, and make sure not to slide your back around in the seat or you will move the padding and have the frame in your shoulder blade...ask me how i know :cool: but really the plus is they are actually pretty comfortable and really cheap, but it shows

Youll hate those garagepro seats haha I have the exact ones. Crotch strap cutout is useless since you cant run one down through it, the foam makes a mess in the floor for about 6 months, and make sure not to slide your back around in the seat or you will move the padding and have the frame in your shoulder blade...ask me how i know :cool: but really the plus is they are actually pretty comfortable and really cheap, but it shows

They are Hunsaker seats, and yeah they are ok, and some of the covering has moved a little but now with my belts in place they don't move.

and maybe we don't have the same seats? because my crotch strap goes all the way through it to the floor.

hmm. they look exactly! the same haha but my crotch strap gets intercepted by the suspension webbing under the seat. I keep lookin at mine and looking at them, I swear they are the same seat hah maybe just different distributor... how much were they? Im curious about this now..

hmm. they look exactly! the same haha but my crotch strap gets intercepted by the suspension webbing under the seat. I keep lookin at mine and looking at them, I swear they are the same seat hah maybe just different distributor... how much were they? Im curious about this now..

I bought mine used, but I am 99% sure mine are Hunsaker's

and yea I had my crotch strap in tonight, it just feeds right down and out of the bottom of the seat.

Back