• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler Question?

I run a $17 Cherry Bomb turbo muffler on my 01. It doesn't sound bad, just a little louder than stock. I would have stuck with my OEM muffler if it wasn't dented in half.

IMO glasspacks sound like crap on 6 cyl Jeeps, but so do Flowmaster 40s. A FM 50 series or 50 series SUV sounds better. You need a V8 to make a FM40 sound decent. I do like Hale's, just enough burble to make it sound good, but not obnoxious. I don't have to drive it everyday though :D

Not every white trash redneck or clueless 16 year old puts a FM on their vehicle, I put one on my Expedition to get a little better sound and flow, and it works good IMO. Then again, it is a 5.4L V8.

To each their own, if one setup was perfect, all of our rigs would look the same.

Here's a shot of mine.

100_5270.jpg

HaleYes said:
I run a Flowmaster knockoff. It's some no-name look-alike. It sounds decent and it's beefy enough to hold up in the rocks. It was on the recieving end of some rocks the last time I went through the rockgarden at Redbird. I was impressed with how well it didn't crush.

FlexdXJ has heard my Jeep. He may remember what it sounded like......I dunno.

When I first put it on I hated it. I thought it was loud and obnoxious. Since then, it's kinda grown on me. I've had several non-XJ'ers compliment me and ask what it took to stuff a V8 in a cherokee.:D

Yeah it sounds awesome. I really didnt think it was that loud actually sounded nice and mellow. He had to use the throttle a lot when he was on the rocks :D

Back