• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mt. Hood Rally

It wouldn't be for a while, just something I would like to do eventually...

-Alex

You need to make friends with a Sweep Driver that needs a good reliable co-driver.

We use a co-driver just like a competitor does, so it is pretty much always that same person in the passenger seat.

You need to make friends with a Sweep Driver that needs a good reliable co-driver.

We use a co-driver just like a competitor does, so it is pretty much always that same person in the passenger seat.

WJ's have a rear bench.

WJ's have a rear bench.

Which carries my medic and their trauma gear.

Back on topic here, the rally is this saturday

Spectator Areas:

There are two spectator areas at the Mt Hood Rally. Both are on the Fir Mountain Stage, which is scheduled to start at 1pm, 4:30pm, and 7pm for the final run. It will be necessary to drive on un-paved roads to reach either spectator area. Both spectator areas will have portable toilets. Please dress appropriately for the fall weather in Oregon. The Fir Mountain spectator area was used last year. If you go to youtube and find a clip titled "Mt Hood Rally 2007" this was shot from the Fir Mountain spectator area. This year the competitors will be traveling in the opposite direction. To get to the Fir Mountain Spectator Area:

1. From Interstate 84 head south on Highway 35
  2. Zero your odometer when you reach the four-way stop at Gracie Sue's Chineese Restaurant.
  3. Continue South on Highway 35 5.1 miles to Fir Mountain Rd
  4. Turn left on Fir Mountain Rd and follow it 5.6 miles to the spectator area
The Wilson Road Spectator Area is new this year. The area overlooks a hairpin corner at the top of a hill. To get to the Wilson Road Spectator Area:

1. From Interstate 84 take the Moiser Exit (Exit 69)
  2. Zero your odometer at the sign reading "Entering Mosier"
  3. At 0.2 miles turn right at Washington (Toward City Hall)
  4. Very quickly turn left at Third
  5. Turn right onto Moiser Creek Rd, just after the End 25 sign.
  6. At 3.2 miles Keep straight onto Wilson Rd
  7. At 3.4 miles keep right on Wilson Rd
  8. Follow Wilson Rd to the spectator area at 6.8 miles.

I'm going through serious rallye withdraws. The new motor should be going in our new car this week though.. along with the standalone.

:yelclap:

Well at least parts of your team are staying in practice. I saw a Burress sneaking around Pomeroy in a Mazda a few weeks ago :-D

You guys still haven't shown us any pictures of the new car :p

Well at least parts of your team are staying in practice. I saw a Burress sneaking around Pomeroy in a Mazda a few weeks ago :-D

You guys still haven't shown us any pictures of the new car :p

You may actually remember the car.. it's Jim Thompson's old mkII GTi. Best part is, I built the thing when I was working at Cascade Autosport.

here are a few new pics of the car with new graphics:

IMG_4284.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

0003257-R1-021-9_8.jpg

It does look vaguely familiar...but umm...I see a few issues here.

1. Not a rabbit. I guess it will have to be the landshark now instead of the rabbitshark.
2. Needs to be blue and have sharkface. The old look was cool. They at least need to paint the face on it.
3. I still didn't get my upside down car demonrally sticker. I'll trade you some sweep stickers, haha

It does look vaguely familiar...but umm...I see a few issues here.

1. Not a rabbit. I guess it will have to be the landshark now instead of the rabbitshark.
2. Needs to be blue and have sharkface. The old look was cool. They at least need to paint the face on it.
3. I still didn't get my upside down car demonrally sticker. I'll trade you some sweep stickers, haha

True, kinda true, and true. The rabbit was sweet, but the new unit is a much more competitive chassis. As far as the graphics go, this one is much more marketable. And you want us to be faster don't you? Heh. We LOVE scaring the open-class sissies.. in a group-2 car.

(www.demonrally.com)

Stickers? I have a pile of 'em around here somewhere..

dang. I'll be going through Hood River a few times this weekend while driving across the state. Maybe I'll have to make a stop...

Back