• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mowing Lawns

Should you mow the neighbor's lawn?

• Total voters
I sometimes let mine get long, but the cows seem to be ok with it. I may be in the minority, but if it doesn't belong to you and you don't like it you have 2 choices. Buy it or stfu. I don't like some things my neighbors do, but it belongs to them and I wouldn't dream of suggesting they change their lifestyle to suit me. Kinda like someone not wanting to look at your Jeeps and calling the code enforcement on you. That is why I left FL.

property1.jpg

I hope you're not too old to mow your own lawn and need to hire someone to do it for you.

Hell no I'm not too old.........I've had a gardener for as long as I can remember. :D

I still say if it bugs you bad enough just mow the guys lawn. Who cares about what they think, or respecting property. If they cared or had any respect they'd keep it mowed. Besides, you'd be doing it for you and the rest of the neighbors, not for that guy. Heck, if the paint on the house was all trashed and ugly, recruit some of the neighbors and paint the house. Your property values are better if you keep the neighborhood nicer.

When I get old and broke and can't afford my gardener any more, maybe some nice energetic neighbor will come and cut my grass. I could only hope.

I have one fanatical neighbor who has mowed his lawn down to look like a putting green.... I try and respect his property, so when a tree fell onto it I too the time to get it off his lawn. I am not anywhere near as hung up on a nice lawn, so I will finish cutting and whatever, while I mow around it all... I usually leave grass about 3-4" of length, then cut, pretty much every couple weeks around here. If he crossed my yard with his tractor (I know he doesnt like the way I keep my yard) I am sure he would be walking home....

I've been working away from home, so I only get to go mow the lawn every couple weeks. I make sure to mow my lawn regularly when I can, so that nobody else needs to come mow my lawn in my place. I take pride in the way I mow my lawn. It's nothing fancy but I get the job done.

As was pointed out, if you think it's ok to go mow the guy's lawn because you don't like how he keeps his lawn, don't complain when you start getting hassled for your ugly XJ.

I've been working away from home, so I only get to go mow the lawn every couple weeks. I make sure to mow my lawn regularly when I can, so that nobody else needs to come mow my lawn in my place. I take pride in the way I mow my lawn. It's nothing fancy but I get the job done.

Lawns have needs too. You know what they say about when the cats away....

I think you had better take care of it as soon as you get home. Then maybe once more before you leave town as well for good measure.

Hell no I'm not too old.........I've had a gardener for as long as I can remember. :D

I still say if it bugs you bad enough just mow the guys lawn. Who cares about what they think, or respecting property. If they cared or had any respect they'd keep it mowed. Besides, you'd be doing it for you and the rest of the neighbors, not for that guy. Heck, if the paint on the house was all trashed and ugly, recruit some of the neighbors and paint the house. Your property values are better if you keep the neighborhood nicer.

When I get old and broke and can't afford my gardener any more, maybe some nice energetic neighbor will come and cut my grass. I could only hope.

Now the truth comes out! The real reason one of your daughters and her quickly growing family lives NEXT DOOR! A-ha!

Well, I was mowing her lawn again and didn't finish before she got back.

I guess my coveralls make me look gay because she called me a lawn fairy but she thanked me for mowing.

well the way she sees it you will keep on doing it for her unless you have an actual talk with her about this situation

I didn't catch it was a woman. She at least should provide you with something. Pie, cookies, steak, beer, flash her boobs, bj, let you stick it in her poope....It's a long list of good things.

Back