• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Movember

Yea! It’s great that they actually do raise money, which is the only thing that can really help. I guess I just don’t understand ‘showing support’. I’m not one for bandwagons, but there isn’t anything wrong with them. :)

i wish mine grew in thick like this beauty below. nope....blond and thin like the white trash that i am. FML

mustaches_tomselleck13.jpg

Guys shave and grow their facial hair to raise money and to show their support for cancer patients. Movember has raised $299 million, up to date. That money not only goes into cancer research, but also goes into cancer awareness.

Along with raising money, it shows your support for those who have cancer. When you are down in the dirt and you see or talk to someone who has shaved their head or mustache because they care, it can make all the difference in your fight to survive.

I don't know about the pink football shoes. However, I'm going to guess that part of the money they pay for the shoes goes toward cancer research or treatment.

The people you see shaving their hair or wearing pink cancer awareness paraphernalia might have cancer themselves or have a close friend or family member who has/had cancer - i.e. wife, daughter, mother, sister, brother, husband, etc...

As far as sun exposure, wear sunscreen. That's what people use for other parts of their body that don't have hair.

Obviously the naysayers haven't been in the fight. It's called a fight because you are literally fighting for your right to live.

When you look at death in the face, you will be singing a different tune.

E

Very well said my friend. :cheers:

Go to the website and check it out.

us.movember.com

We are actually signing up for a team here at my work to help raise money for the cause. 15 men, and uh....1 woman so far.....

Male specific cancer isn't talked about too much. So the REAL men need to spread the word. I know people who have been on the losing end of this junk, and it's pretty heartbreaking. So get GROWIN' fellas.

Back