• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Money market funds, IRAs, retirement accounts

891 mi – about 15 hours 27 mins

They are in non-adjacent states...

Yes, over the years I confused the two locations. I will try and dig out the maps. I know one of them was Roswell, NM with an army air corp base / military airport near Roswell. I may have the Nevada map on one of the other maps. My father was a pilot and Navigator, he had a complete set of US AAC maps in his luggage from WWII. It was sealed up in my parents attic from about 1949 when he stopped flying, until 2002 when I found it just before the house was sold and demolished. The maps still looked brand new.

Yes, over the years I confused the two locations. I will try and dig out the maps. I know one of them was Roswell, NM with an army air corp base / military airport near Roswell. I may have the Nevada map on one of the other maps. My father was a pilot and Navigator, he had a complete set of US AAC maps in his luggage from WWII. It was sealed up in my parents attic from about 1949 when he stopped flying, until 2002 when I found it just before the house was sold and demolished. The maps still looked brand new.

I remember doing a service call in San Antonio Tx when the dispatcher in Boston asked if I could go to an air force base in Del Rio, 'it's only 2" in the rand mcnally', sheeeet, 8 hours ONE WAY, last time I fell for that one...

Holloman AFB isn't far from Roswell....

aw crap, now how'd I know that??? :D

(I've been stationed there on and off for 5 years - its also right next to White Sands Missile Range)

Holloman AFB isn't far from Roswell....

aw crap, now how'd I know that??? :D

(I've been stationed there on and off for 5 years - its also right next to White Sands Missile Range)

Holloman sounds a little familiar, and I thought I saw White sands on that Roswell map too, but right now I am not sure since I had Area 51 so confused.

So White sands is near Roswell? If yes, then my memory is not totally off.

Holloman sounds a little familiar, and I thought I saw White sands on that Roswell map too, but right now I am not sure since I had Area 51 so confused.

So White sands is near Roswell? If yes, then my memory is not totally off.

Damn dog, Whitesands is where we tested the first A-bomb. WSMR is probably about 2-3 hours from Roswell, about 3-4 hours from El Paso.

Damn dog, Whitesands is where we tested the first A-bomb. WSMR is probably about 2-3 hours from Roswell, about 3-4 hours from El Paso.

I was a serious model rocket enthusiast as a kid, so I knew White sands was used for rocket test launches, But I thought all the nuclear bomb tests were in Nevada. With all I have seen, read and watched, I should have known that, but if you had asked me I would said the first tests were somewhere north of LV Nevada.

Anyway, I am sure one of the maps is Roswell, and there were about 6 or more maps in the set.

I was a serious model rocket enthusiast as a kid, so I knew White sands was used for rocket test launches, But I thought all the nuclear bomb tests were in Nevada. With all I have seen, read and watched, I should have known that, but if you had asked me I would said the first tests were somewhere north of LV Nevada.

Anyway, I am sure one of the maps is Roswell, and there were about 6 or more maps in the set.

It was at the northern end of the Alamogordo bombing range, now white sands, it's called the Trinity site and there is a large oblisk there marking it. On a side note that was also were most of the John Wayne westerns were filmed and while not provable almost every one of the cast and crew members have either died or suffered various cancers.

I got word Friday that all the Fidelity Money market mutual funds have signed up for the 3 month treasury department, FDIC like protection of the 1.00 per share principal value, but there are some gotyas!

It only covers the number of shares you had in the fund on September 19th, or the number on the day the fund breaks the buck after sept. 19th,, which ever is less, so if you MOVE the funds, you loose the coverage, even if you move between different Fidelity Money Market Mutal funds!!!!! Also the coverage ends on December 18th, unless extended by the Treasury dept.

I guess they did that on purpose to stop the money from being moved or withdrawn.

Thats a big map - they are about a 13-14 hour drive apart....

Yep, my great grandpa was in the Navy in WWII (LTCDR) and I have lots of his old "war stuff" - one being 2 small boxes of this currency. I've always wondered what it was worth.

Yea but theres basically nothing between them right. so that makes them "close" lol.

"Wow, that is a must read for all of us! Best article I have read out of hundreds the last few weeks!

Heel it sounds like all the world wide international shipping is or has come to a complete standstill with perishables sitting and rotting on the docs!
JEEEESSSSSEEEEEAWIS!"

More bad news here:

http://www.frontlinethoughts.com/gateway.asp?ref=reprint

the credit freeze illness is spreading to Letters of Credit which means import/export comes to a standstill, construction lending into the ditch and more.

You have to enter an email address & will start getting his news letters. I've been getting them for 2 or 3 years and have never seen any evidence that the email is used for anything except to send out the newsletter.

Well instead of the sky falling today, it blasted off into space!:clap:

Nah, the Dems will make sure the price of oil skyrockets. They want $5 a gallon gas so we all invest in their carbon credit scheme, and so we all buy hybrid/electric cars (news flash - which are more polluting than regular cars in the long run - ever see what it takes to create those batteries?).

Nah, the Dems will make sure the price of oil skyrockets. They want $5 a gallon gas so we all invest in their carbon credit scheme, and so we all buy hybrid/electric cars (news flash - which are more polluting than regular cars in the long run - ever see what it takes to create those batteries?).

oh don't get me started on that one. :flamemad:

Financial Planning

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer/wine one year ago, drank all the beer/wine, then turned in the cans/bottles for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to Drink heavily and recycle.

Which batteries are you referring to?
Oh, look there is a kitty!

One of my Fidelity mutual funds went back up 10% on Monday.
I actually bought it on Friday!:yelclap:

One of my Fidelity mutual funds went back up 10% on Monday.
I actually bought it on Friday!:yelclap:

And thats what everyone needs to do.

You keep putting money into your IRA or 401K, you keep buying. Sometimes high sometimes low. Sure it looks like you lost a lot but it will go back up and now you have a ton more shares, if you bought while its down.

My Fidelity fund jumped 12% today.

Back