• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab EJS11: The TORXreport

Great pictures Dustin. I am hopefully a year away running my junk on some of these trails. I am going to the Hammers for sure this year.

Looks like it was awesome torx. If you plan a trip next year I would definitily consider going. Especially now that im picking up a tow rig tomorrow. Kudos for driving it the whole way!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I'm heading out there again in September and can hardly wait. My brother and I drove his Toyota there in 2004 and had a blast.
The anticipation is killing me and I have 5 more months to wait.

that settles it. im going next year

Thanks for sharing Dustin. All your great pics makes me miss the Southwest. Every time it starts raining for two weeks straight I threaten to look for a job down there.

I figured I would toss some of my photos on here. As far as if I am in for next year its almost a for sure thing. I can see why you can get hooked on this stuff. My XJ performed flawlesly, I even made it through Pritchett Canyon with no winching which was awesome! I would say if anyone was even thinking about going it is one of those things that you must do. That term that pictures dont do it justice is so true. This land is the most beautiful I have ever seen, its just unexplainable. As far as cost goes if anyone was wondering, the grand total for my trip was just about 1000 bucks. That includes all my food, camping in the cabin aka "Tuff Shed", and gas there and back and all my shirts, hoodys, stickers, and other misc stuff. I did however split the fuel cost with my passenger and if I wouldnt have done that it would have cost me around 1500 bucks. It could be done cheaper by camping in a tent, not eating out, and not buying any goodies. So, onto the pics!

990790ad.jpg

35c52ed8.jpg

eaf35e3b.jpg

89662158.jpg

9bd4eec6.jpg

8d64913a.jpg

8ad84d72.jpg

471adede.jpg

98550d45.jpg

988a8a57.jpg

29136dd2.jpg

7ebb0866.jpg

32ac69b6.jpg

1debead6.jpg

What happens in Moab stays in Moab lmao
b8a061dd.jpg

96424eb1.jpg

b0d719a2.jpg

b75574e7.jpg

095ab515.jpg

317ed77c.jpg

b42768ec.jpg

259e04e7.jpg

c81f624f.jpg

9cf764af.jpg

e0179c37.jpg

Speaking of to much pepper :shhh:
a9617c8f.jpg

Again what happens in Moab stays in Moab.
943adc77.jpg

More!
cd63092b.jpg

fb115e68.jpg

e03cfb2c.jpg

67e81674.jpg

5446dc58.jpg

70e6568e.jpg

ab7147be.jpg

3743d25a.jpg

You will NEVER see me doing this at home......but my jeep had to look pretty:cool:
0b8cf7a5.jpg

Tuff Shed!!
cc7e4713.jpg

9335251c.jpg

First trip to Moab EJS= 1000 dollars
Energy drinks to stay awake while driving= 13 bucks
Tuff Shed rental= 105 bucks
Picture of Dustin dropping off White Knuckle= Priceless!

Zoom in on his face....and notice his sackles are pointing forward...and his license plate is now one ziptie less. Good Times!
d9126594.jpg

More
IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4277.jpg

52801adc.jpg

081d6ebc.jpg

1d56cbb0.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

Ok, so aparently Dustin no longer trusts me when I tell him everything is ok....I dropped off this ledge kinda no knowing how much of a drop it was. Well it was a good 4' vertical drop straight down. I hit hard but it was crazy fun so I decided to talk Coax him into doing it, and it worked....I mean I needed someone to do it in a cherokee so that I could take pictures and videos to prove I did it to lol. Dont worry Dustin I still like you :D

P.S. That may be me talking him into it in this first pic.
IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

I can sum this whole trip up in one word. WOW!!!

that last drop you pictured. i had a miscommunication and dropped the pass side right off and the driver side dropped the little step down. talk about getting tippy. thats one heel of a drop. props for droppin it like that...

Dustin, did you hit the bump stops dropping that ledge?

I really cant see how he didn't from my point of view. If it didn't its a miracle......that and I cant believe nothing broke when he hit cause it was hard.

I really cant see how he didn't from my point of view. If it didn't its a miracle......that and I cant believe nothing broke when he hit cause it was hard.

Your tow rig must be diesel for such low costs. If all goes well I am in the planing stage of YJ2.2 with stonger axles,lower gears and larger tires. After that I will be setting up the motorhome as a mobile support unit. With everything needed to support a full on attack of Moab.
I estimated my total cost right a one dollar per mile. But really not bad for a one week vacation. I see it this way I have friends that spend 3 times that to go on vacation one time per year.

Dave

Your tow rig must be diesel for such low costs. If all goes well I am in the planing stage of YJ2.2 with stonger axles,lower gears and larger tires. After that I will be setting up the motorhome as a mobile support unit. With everything needed to support a full on attack of Moab.
I estimated my total cost right a one dollar per mile. But really not bad for a one week vacation. I see it this way I have friends that spend 3 times that to go on vacation one time per year.

Dave

Yeah, 96 Dodge diesel with a 5 spd. It really can be done on the cheap. gas is the most expensive thing for the trip. I also filled my XJ everyday for no more the 20 bucks for a days play. I also ate out for every meal, so that savings could be had if food was brought. Im planning next year already, and I cant wait to go back! This time the wife is going though so it will cost a little more to go paying for 2 people.

I have to concentrate on the jeep first and get it to the point I don't have to worry about axle problems. Well that and I may be moving to your area in the near future for a job opportunity. At that time I will have to see if I can get the time off that soon with a new job and all.

Hopefully by next year all works out and we could all convoy together.

Dave

Back