• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mityvac!

People I know who tried mityvac for brake bleeding weren't very successful. They had to pack the bleeder threads with grease to get it to suck fluid instead of air. I'd just as soon gravity bleed. Mityvac would be great for testing vacuum circuits.

People I know who tried mityvac for brake bleeding weren't very successful. They had to pack the bleeder threads with grease to get it to suck fluid instead of air. I'd just as soon gravity bleed. Mityvac would be great for testing vacuum circuits.

The MityVac will pull air around the open bleeder threads. They show up as small tiny bubbles. If there is any air in the lines, it will appear as larger, grape like bubbles. Grease will reduce the little bubbles, but once you know they are normal, you don't really need to use the grease.

The Mityvac can't suck air back into the lines.

What Greg said. I have vacuum bled for ages. Ignore the little bubbles. The real air in the lines will look and sound different, and you can always just suck a little more fluid than you think you need to be sure.

I just pull bleeders and stick the tip right in the cylinder/caliper.

no little air bubbles, and you wn't introduce air back into the caliper as long as you've got the bleeders correctly positioned.

Back