• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mild Jeepspeed built Rig as A DD??

I was thinking of 3 to 4 inchs of lift ,31-32 inch tires foa shocks, jks arms / track rod .Whats a good 3-4 '' Front coil springsFor DD/Prerunner ? Rear leaf set up? , was think of 1.5" UBolt Eliminators and I have a 1 '' shackle for 2.5 in the rear and 3 to 3 1/2 in front ? how are the stock rear leafs? Whats a good 3-4 inch rear set up for prerunning/jeedspeed stuff?

Last edited:
probably expensive.
Indeed I figure they are too expensive. We have the bajas on our toyota and as of now I dont really like them. I notice after sitting in the garage they the truck will not roll very good because it gets flat spots. They are a tough tire thats for sure but traction has been lacking and with our old 3.0 and a 5 speed it sucked. Rev, drop clutch, spin, shift, bogg, downshift spin, etc... Well I bet a lot was the engine had no power and you had to drop the clutch to move it but well see soon when my wiring comes in for the 3.4 :rof:

I was thinking of 3 to 4 inchs of lift ,31-32 inch tires foa shocks, jks arms / track rod .Whats a good 3-4 '' Front coil springsFor DD/Prerunner ? Rear leaf set up? , was think of 1.5" UBolt Eliminators and I have a 1 '' shackle for 2.5 in the rear and 3 to 3 1/2 in front ? how are the stock rear leafs? Whats a good 3-4 inch rear set up for prerunning/jeedspeed stuff?
Most people say the stiffer front coils are better like a skyjacker, but I do know deaver makes a good coil and it might be available in a 4.5" and same for the rear leafs. I hear most prople like the rubicon express leafs too. I run RE 4.5" front and rear(front with spacers, and rear with shackles.
I have been thinking about doing a bigger leaf like a 6+" lift with some long shackles on a very low angle like more then \ if possible. I was thinking of making my own shackle relocation boxes to do this.

I hear most prople like the rubicon express leafs too. I run RE 4.5" front and rear(front with spacers, and rear with shackles.

my RE leafs are much too soft. they are already sagging out from being overworked hitting the whoop roads at speed, and ive only had the truck out 3 times since i put them on. RE leafs ride really nice, but are better suited to a trail or crawler rig.

just my personal experience, take it as you will. :thumbup:

?

mine ride really nice, a bit loud but well worth it for how they perform in the dirt.

I should have been a little more specific. Awesome off road tires hands down. But as for street tires, I would use the mud terrains, or an all terrain type tire. As for springs, Deaver coils are a bit stiff in regular street use. Leafs too but i have no weight in the back area so they ride a bit stiff. But then again if we wanted a soft supple ride we wouldnt be driving jeeps!

GrimmJeeper any more pic of the 4'' 31 inch tire set up? thanks
Dont want bigger then 4 or bigger then 31-33 max.

not many pics of my truck, im usually the one behind the camera :D

my kid
IM001132.jpg

IMG_0010retouch.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

uni07021.jpg

you could always pick up some 4" coils and cut an inch off of them - stiffen up the rate and get you to the height you want in one shot.
Leaves, I'd probably double up some XJ packs, add a shackle & a relocation bracket & call it a day. If you needed stiffer, you could add more leaves. I would be hesitant to throw down several hundred bucks for Deaver packs, or to buy springs meant for crawling (softer rate) and blow them out with higher speeds. Might be best to build your own packs with cheaper junkyard donors... but thats just me.

full-traction Rear Double Add-A-Leaf Kit? F.Track 3.5 lift kit Any input? Best small prerunner off the shelf kit? Add good shocks and bumps? Foa shocks and bumps?

full-traction Rear Double Add-A-Leaf Kit? F.Track 3.5 lift kit Any input? Best small prerunner off the shelf kit? Add good shocks and bumps? Foa shocks and bumps?

Good shocks and bumps will make up for a lot. Obviously most people here dont dig my rear leafs but I think they work ok with my shocks. I would like to do a different shackle setup on the jeep and maybe 2.5" shocks but who knows when... I do have some 2.5" king 2 tube bypasses on our truck, I guess if I upgraded to triples on the truck I could do the double on the jeep. Hmmm:dunno:

Go spring under from deaver... if you're gonna drop the coin you might as well. You'd pull really good travel.

Deaver doesn't have a spring under spring for a XJ yet. They along with a couple JS teams were going to try to develop one but it didn't happen. It will be difficult to do using the stock pivots.

It did work well but it was banned because the XJ didn't come that way and they want stock style suspension. Cost was also a issue. The custom leafs were very cost prohibitive for most teams this is still the main reason they are still not legal today. I did some more checking and you would get a bunch more travel but it would keep your spring from going into a dearch and the springs would last longer.

It was Billy Bunch in the Red 1749. A long time ago I talked to John at Ajax Auto who was a part of this team and I think he said they were National Springs and that they could get 14 - 15 inches of travel easily from this set up.

Chris

Back